For those going on Liberty of the Seas in October: You got a "Celebrity" Onboard

Who mentioned cholesterol here? She uses a LOT of butter, that was my only point :eek: I prefer ICBINB :cool:

PS. you have a VERY large signature :)

No one mentioned cholesterol...your butter comment just reminded me of a funny question somebody in the audience asked.

Hahaha.....

Seriously. She's sweet but OMG I could never eat what she makes!

Having grown up down here in the South, we've realized that God probably eats this stuff. No really, we've been to Paula's restaurant several times. You're right--no one should eat her version of most southern classics too often. You would die young. She doesn't hold back much! But, it's incredible food. Ought to be enjoyed occasionally! B-t-w, y'all better go back up to the earlier post where the travel agency is mentioned and do your inquiry. By all rights, this thread could disappear soon because of the mention of a specific TA...if I understand all of the CC particulars.

I, too, was born and raised in the South, and for traditionali Southern cooking, you use lots of butter, and lard, and sugar, etc....

These are the things that make our food great!

BTW, my father is almost 63 years old, and has literally ate Southern cooking his whole life. His cholesterol, blood pressure, blood sugar, etc are all perfect.

We have eaten at Paula's restaurant several times, it reminds me of Sunday dinner at my grandma's table.

She projects a wonderful personality on television, a cruise with her would be loads of fun.

Ms. Flagger would have LOVED this. Too bad we already are going on DCL in early December. Cannot get away for another week this year. You cannot get in her restaurant in Savannah at dinner time on a weekend without a very very long wait if even.

• 1 month later...

Yes, her sons and her entire family will be with her. I am so excited about this cruise. Her grandson will even be there with her!!! Now all I get to do is stay on these boards to help me with the wait!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Here again this board has just died out. I know there has to be more people out there on this sailing!! Come out!! Come out where ever you are!! I am just so excited to be on this cruise with Paula Deen. Can't not wait to meet this lady!!!

I do not think it is fair that only if you book from this one source you will be in on the events...that means they are only exclusive to the booking agency. Other pax will be incovenienced to some extent & excluded. I would rather the cruise line schedule special events for all to enjoy---

I know this group booking scenene is the furture of cruising to a large extent & am considering an aerobics group fit & fitness cruise myself, but if I was not in the honored special group I would be unhappy!

Well, I don't know if I got all of this right but I think I do. The TA that is putting this on also did one with her last April. So the TA is doing again.. I am sure to help their sales. The cost is a little more pricey going through this TA and that is why you get all the perks of being with her. To my understanding the TA reserved 500 rooms. So by signing up with them you get to go to her meet and greet, cocktail party, book signing, BBQ, and a cooking demonstration. I am sure I missed something else. So, I was just so thrilled when I found this on her website I just had to go for it. So for now I have to wait.

Hmmm - 500 rooms equals 1000 people, more or less. Wonder what impact they'll have on other passengers' enjoyment of the ship and all its venues? Or haven't you read the boards for Crystal and HAL about the problems with groups taking over prime locations in the ships? Maybe this will be different - I hope so. Nancy

Well, I sure hope to not make my fellow cruisers upset. I just thought this was such a great opportunity. I love to cruise and I love this woman and her show. Although I have not met her. I just figured I hit a gold mine. LOL Get 2 of my favorites at once!! What a deal!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Here again this board has just died out. I know there has to be more people out there on this sailing!! Come out!! Come out where ever you are!! I am just so excited to be on this cruise with Paula Deen. Can't not wait to meet this lady!!!

Hey there Love2sale,

We will be cruisin with Paula as well. We just got our Pass Ports today and can't stop talking about how much fun we are gonna have. The website says the excursions with Paula will be online August 7th. We are counting the days!!!

I'm 36

my Husband (the biggest Paula fan in our family) 38

& my Mom 58

Krysyleigh, yes I am counting the days also. Can't wait!!!! I have been checking the site daily to see if the excursion were up. Today haven't been on there so I haven't seen that it will be up on the 7th. Better hit it early so we can see if we wanna do what she is doing. Nice to see ya and come join the roll call.

Just popping in to say I love your enthusiasm, love2sale!

Wish we could join you as I love Paula but we already had this pesky Mediterranean cruise booked for October before I ever heard about it. :p ;) :D

I'm counting on you to report back after the cruise. With pictures, lots of pictures! :cool:

Aprille, dont worry you know I will. Might need some help with posting them to here, never have done it. We use the kodak gallery so it shouldn't be hard. Wish you would of known about this one first and we could be excited together. So for now we can both be excited just because we are going on a cruise. Like I said, I will be letting everyone know how it goes.

I'll be happy to help if you need it with posting photos. Should be easy with the Kodak website. I have a friend who uses it.

I'm around daily so I'm easy to find! Even when I'm cruising I check in. Hey, what can I say? I'm addicted! :D

You keep up the enthusiasm. I'll be watching! ;)

Hey, I just read back through this entire thread and realize it is one where an early poster insinuated that Paula was drunk during her shows! :mad: I commented and never got a response. How rude! :p

Archived