Packing and Air Pacific.

catmommy

Hi Folks!

So we have all, most, of our clothes together and we will probably do a dry run of packing this week. I have my packing list (Thanks JimB!) and now just have to make it all fit. DH and I are trying to only have a small underseat bag each, a 22 inch rolling each, and one 26 inch suitcase. So only 5 pieces of luggage total. We planing on getting laundry done if needed.

BTW, has anyone looked at the baggage requirements of Air Pacific? That is the carrier we are using from Fiji back home. We are flying coach/economy and have not upgraded to a higher class.

Their requirements are very strict. The carry on can only be 39 inches total and not the usual 44 inches of most rolling carry ons.

The link to their regulations is here: http://www.airpacific.com/default.aspx?sid=travelPlanner&pid=Baggage%20Allowance

They are also doing the us way of dealing with liquids and gels in the quart ziptop bag.

Finding this out kind of changed our plans because we were hoping to carry on the 22 inch pieces and put them in the overheads on all legs of the trip.

Oh well!

See you all soon!

Caroline

Hi Folks!

So we have all, most, of our clothes together and we will probably do a dry run of packing this week. I have my packing list (Thanks JimB!) and now just have to make it all fit. DH and I are trying to only have a small underseat bag each, a 22 inch rolling each, and one 26 inch suitcase. So only 5 pieces of luggage total. We planing on getting laundry done if needed.

BTW, has anyone looked at the baggage requirements of Air Pacific? That is the carrier we are using from Fiji back home. We are flying coach/economy and have not upgraded to a higher class.

Their requirements are very strict. The carry on can only be 39 inches total and not the usual 44 inches of most rolling carry ons.

The link to their regulations is here: http://

http://www.airpacific.com/default.aspx?sid=travelPlanner&pid=Baggage%20Allowance

They are also doing the us way of dealing with liquids and gels in the quart ziptop bag.

Finding this out kind of changed our plans because we were hoping to carry on the 22 inch pieces and put them in the overheads on all legs of the trip.

Oh well!

See you all soon!

Caroline[/QUOT

Hi Caroline: Can't belive it's almost time, we got our docs this weekend, so now I have to look at them every day. Now sue what Air Pacific is like, this will be our first time on them. You will be on a 747 so there should be a lot of room. We are not flying back with you guys, staying on for another 6 days in Fiji, then Air Pacific to Honolulu for another week of fun and sun.

See you if a few weeks, getting more like a few days....... I think I will also get out the bags and see what fits.

Mike

Archived