Did JS get new perks?

Good idea, but how long would you run the incorrect add, even with the disclaimer? After a year or so, wouldn't it border on false advertising? When would you claim responsibility? And would you pull the add when you could, instead of keeping it going? When is the responsibility yours, to your consumer?

One could argue the RCCL is working the system in getting guest's to upgrade from a balcony to a JS by luring them with in with suite perks, only to say, "sorry." Just as you mentioned purchasing your GS as I did, to get the perks, with of course the large suite too. LOL ;) If this happened for a short period of time, I'd be more apt to agree with you. But this has happened before in years past, and has gone on for far to long, for me to think that RCCL shouldn't be held responsible.

Who knows maybe it's a test case of some kind?:eek:

PS There is a disclaimer... RCCL can change anything they want to at any time....Wow! Just think what these boards would be like when after final payment they wanted more! EEEK!

My favorite RCCL " Disclaimer " is found on our cruise contracts. I think it's number 3, where RCCL does not guarantee the seaworthiness or condition of the ship! We sign that thing! LOL! Read it, its covers everything that could go wrong! :D

I believe you Paul 110 percent about what you were told, but you would think RCCL would inform their reps about it! This has been going on how long?

And therein lies the problem. This hasn't just been an issue with JS and CL access. It seems the left and right hands haven't been talking on many issues.

Truthfully, RCI probably doesn't think the JS thing is such a big deal. On the grand scale, it's a pretty insignificant thing. Giving a handful of people access to the CL for flashing a brochure, resulting in a few free drinks is faaaaaaar cheaper than printing all new brochures.

If you want to show or advise us where in the brochure there is a disclaimer regarding misprints, I am sure everyone will accept that statement.

I am looking at a copy of the 2006-07 Caribbean brochure that has the info that JS are suites. On Page 91 it states that "Royal Caribbean is not responsible for any misprints in this brochure." It states the same in every brochure that I have seen. It's just that people choose to believe what they want to believe and read what they want.

I also believe that if truly people did book the cruise based on the brochure, then perhaps they have a legitimate gripe, but there are also many who have seen on here that the brochures had misleading info, and decided to get a copy so they could knowingly ask for something they knew they weren't entitled to. To me, that's wrong. I guess my views of right and wrong don't coincide with many others.

Katie

And therein lies the problem. This hasn't just been an issue with JS and CL access. It seems the left and right hands haven't been talking on many issues.

Truthfully, RCI probably doesn't think the JS thing is such a big deal. On the grand scale, it's a pretty insignificant thing. Giving a handful of people access to the CL for flashing a brochure, resulting in a few free drinks is faaaaaaar cheaper than printing all new brochures.

You nailed it!:D I'm sure they are not concerned and it does cost a fortune to print and send out those brochures! ;) I haven't even been in the CL yet but I did post pictures of it from the RCCL site on the Explorer thread and I thought it looked nice. My DH did go in and he did get a glass of wine and I think a cup of coffee. He said it was pretty crowded and that he was surprised there wasn't any windows so it had a closed in feeling for being on a ship. So it cost RCCL a glass of wine and a cup of coffee to honor it for us. way cheaper than new brochures! ;) On the Explorer, people can see by the deck plans, it is located on 9 in the middle so there isn't any nice views like on some of the other ships we read about! I know there are a lot of people that love the CL on the ships and that they enjoy them very much and I think it is a nice perk of RCCL'S C & A and suite guests for those that do enjoy all those free drinks and other services:) I know I love my Marriott's CL but for the tasty desserts, real cream for my tea, and peace and quiet but not for the drinks!

It only takes 5 cruises to make diamond if sailing in a JS and higher, where are they going to put all those new Diamond members as RCCL's popularity keeps increasing and they do keep pushing the JS with full perks?! Especially with all those great deals they give in Miami on those 3-4 nighters! If I lived down there with those low fares I could have made diamond in a few weeks! LOL! Instead I'm stuck up in NYC area paying premium price just waiting for the one RCCL ship to come back!

Now if I hear that they are serving little Italian pastries and real cream in the CL on the Explorer.........well than I may just have to make an appearence myself! LOL! :D I plan on bringing my lap top with me in a few weeks as I will be onboard quite awhile and as I can't take the internet cafe snail pace server I'm hoping wireless is faster or to pick up some signals in ports to post live. I will ask about the new " suite perk " deal thing as its handled on the Explorer. Not for myself as I get what I want already in my cabin, but for other passengers who may want the others things. I won't even tell the reps where I'm staying! I'll just do a little CC interview for future Explorer guests! LOL!

Archived