Going on excursions while your children stay in the AO

SLH

What are the rules for leaving your kids on the ship in the AO while doing a shore excursion booked through the ship? We are planning a morning tour and should be back by lunch. I've gotten 2 different answers from RCCL and the Loyalty desk.:confused: Has anyone had problems doing this?

I haven't done this but I hear that people do. AO is open all day on port days and they will even take the kids to the Windjammer for breakfast and lunch. The kids wanted to go to AO after we returned from shopping in Cozumel on port day and we signed them in as usual. No one asked if we were getting off the ship or not.

What are the rules for leaving your kids on the ship in the AO while doing a shore excursion booked through the ship? We are planning a morning tour and should be back by lunch. I've gotten 2 different answers from RCCL and the Loyalty desk.:confused: Has anyone had problems doing this?

Yes, they *let* you do this.

There was a LONG thread several months ago about a family where the parents MISSED THE SHIP's departure from the port and the KIDS WERE ON BOARD but the parents were not!

So.........would I do this? No.

Does it happen much? No.

Can it happen? Yes.

Yes, they *let* you do this.

There was a LONG thread several months ago about a family where the parents MISSED THE SHIP's departure from the port and the KIDS WERE ON BOARD but the parents were not!

So.........would I do this? No.

Does it happen much? No.

Can it happen? Yes.

Merion Mom, covered it, but what she didn't tell you was the parents WERE on a ship's tour, but we never got an explanation why they didn't make it from the tour departure point back to the ship on time.

Archived