RCCL or Carnival?

Have sailed carnival for the last 7 cruises thinking about the RCCL Freedom or Liberty as our group likes the big ships. Most are adults few children. What is the biggest difference as far as food, activities,is there free ICE CREAM, and how are the shows. Really wanting to try RCCL but we heard no to much fun, we are from Louisiana and party pretty hard . Ages range from mid 20's to mid 60's. thanks for the help, Ray

The Voyager and Freedom class ships are in a class by themselves and no Carnival ship can touch them. If you're looking for the Carnival party atmosphere then no you won't find it on RCI thankfully. The ships have plenty of things for everyone of all ages to do but they are more subdued.

Food is subjective and it you will find all kinds of opinions on this. There is ice cream machines in the Windjammer but they are not 24 hours a day like Carnival. They also offer Ben and Jerry's but you have to pay for that.

I found plenty of partying on Freedom of the Seas. The adults only Solarium Pool party was a ton of fun, the clubs later at night were fun, and we were out until 3:30 am after the pool party in Olive or Twist. I would say the the "parties" were more fun on RCI than Carnival (at least the ones I have been on). The night clubs on Freedom/Voyager class ships are great. Those that say RCI is more subdued must go to sleep at 9:00. We had way more fun on RCI and we live in Los Angeles and love to party as well.

you will have a GREAT time on liberty or freedom - i would say you are short changing yourself not to try rci- we made the switch in 04 and have not looked back- we love rci and enjoy a fun nightlife on the ships- sounds like you will have a good time either way...:)

Archived