fall cruises

Wrkathomewife

Hubby and I are considering going on a cruise for our 1 year anniversary, but we can't go till fall. I've found some awesome deals. I'm wondering though is it safe to be cruising in the fall since it's hurricane season? :confused:

Anna

It's safe to cruise during the fall. It's just a matter of whether or not your cruise will be delayed/extended. And there's no way to know that until about a week before the cruise. Don't worry about it. Book your cruise and enjoy.

Theresa

Don't fret...........we cruise in September/October all the time.......only had a brush with a hurricane once..........just make sure you go in a day early........enjoy:)

Hi, I have always cruised in the fall, from October through the end of November. It fits my schedule, pricing, ports of call are okay, and have always had a great time! We did go through a hurricane, we were supposed to go the Western route and they just diverted us to the Eastern route. Go for it!

Hubby and I are considering going on a cruise for our 1 year anniversary, but we can't go till fall. I've found some awesome deals. I'm wondering though is it safe to be cruising in the fall since it's hurricane season? :confused:

Anna

I love fall cruising. ;)

My favorite time to cruise is in September. Yep, Aug/Sept are the worst times for hurricanes. I still choose September for my cruises - even though Katrina leveled my beachfront home. Can't control the weather. Go and enjoy.

Just be prepared that the cruiseline can and does change itineraries. I believe it was RCCL that greeted their guests at the dock that they weren't going to the Bahamas because of a hurricane they went North to the New England coast instead. Lots on this board and the internet about the lawsuit that ensued. Not sure how it ended up, if it has yet.

I prefer not to chance it, booked the Caribbean in November, and had rain every single day in Puerto Rico, St. Martin, St. Thomas and all places in between.

I then booked New England/Canada in Sept/Oct '06. Celebrity changed our itinerary so we hit Halifax and Quebec a day late to puring down rain when the day before (when we were supposed to be there) would have been sunny.

So you have to be prepared that things can and do change, and just roll with the flow.

We prefer to cruise during the fall because of the low prices and we have an easier time taking vacation at work.

We cruised the Eastern Caribbean the end of October in 2005 and had beautiful weather. Hurricane Wilma hit Miami a week before but it didn't have any impact on our cruise.

Archived