Paris drop off point

Dee1161

Hi All

I am on the Celebrity TA leaving this Thursday, April 26th. On our stop in La Havre I am going to be taking the ship's transportation into Paris where I am going to meet up with a client of mine.

Does anyone have any idea of where the drop off point is in Paris? I need to give my client some idea of where to meet me.

Thanks!

Hi All

I am on the Celebrity TA leaving this Thursday, April 26th. On our stop in La Havre I am going to be taking the ship's transportation into Paris where I am going to meet up with a client of mine.

Does anyone have any idea of where the drop off point is in Paris? I need to give my client some idea of where to meet me.

Thanks!

I would call the cruiseline if you can and ask them or check the CC board for your cruiseline to see if any posts there could help.I would guess that there could be a couple of places for a drop off,the main one being near Place de Concord or the Eiffel Tower,but I am betting Concord as it would be the easiest.Godd luck.

• 1 month later...
Hi All

Thanks!

Now that you're back I hope you see this post and have an answer (or maybe someone else does)! :)

I've asked this question myself and have never gotten more than a guess.

Now that you're back I hope you see this post and have an answer (or maybe someone else does)! :)

I've asked this question myself and have never gotten more than a guess.

The drop off and pick up point was the Eiffel Tower... the day in Paris was fantastic! Altho, I will say I believe I had the upper hand because I have a client who is actually living there and she was my tour guide. I was able to see some of the non touristy places that perhaps others wouldn't it see. I can not wait to back to this beautiful city!

I would be happy to answer any questions.

Thanks Dee and Janet! It's nice to finally get an answer to this question even if it wasn't the one I was hoping for. The Place de Concord (sp?) would have been a better location. Oh well.

I wish I had a local to show me around, I guess I'll just have to muddle through.

Janet, did you get around on foot or did you use the hoho bus? Any help in planning my day will be appreciated.

Even tho I had a "local" we still used the HOHO bus for part of the day, just for ease of getting around. I think these types of tours are great for an introduction to any city. I believe it was 25 euros per person.

Even tho I had a "local" we still used the HOHO bus for part of the day, just for ease of getting around. I think these types of tours are great for an introduction to any city. I believe it was 25 euros per person.

That's probably what we'll end up doing. I had hoped to walk but the Eiffel tower is too isolated.

Do you remember how long the circuit took on the HOHO?

• 3 weeks later...

Our cost in April of this year on the Millie was $198 for two.

Yes, it drops off behind the Eiffel Tower, and the HOHO bus picks up in front. If you look at a map of Paris, find the street behind the ET, then walk diagonally across the plaza at the base, out to the street and about 1/2 block to the left; that's where the HOHO picks up. It's about a 3 minute walk.

Hi All,

I've been reading your posts. I am going to be on the Celebrity Century in early Sept. we have a stop in LeHarve and are interested in going into Paris.

There's several options we can choose from on their excursions. One is the one mentioned above - they say they drop you off in City Center for 5.5 hours. Then another one gives a partially guided tour and then drops you off at the city center again and picks you back up in 3.5 hours.

Finally, there's a tour that includes driving around the city then picking up a lunch cruise on the River Seine. We aren't sure what the age demographics would be on a tour like that? We're in late 30's.

Is city center the ET? I've read the post about taking the HOHO bus and am considering that. I am most interested in seeing as much as I can in the short time and being able to take some good photographs. Worried that the lunch cruise will not be such a good place to take pix from??

On the other hand I'm worried about missing the bus if I get lost and can not speak the language! :eek:

Any help would be fantastic!!!

Thank you,

The drop-offs are either the Eiffel Tower or the Place de la Concorde, both of which are hoho bus stops. If you want to see a lot, then I suggest the hoho. You can also catch a Seine river cruise right at the Eiffel Tower.

The cruise on the river will only show you what's near the River (and there's a LOT), but for the whole city I'd take the hoho. There are actually several routes, but we just did the main one. Fabulous city!!

The hoho is about 1.5 hours, so you don't have to be worried about missing the bus back to the ship. If you have a problem, get off the bus, walk away from whatever is holding it up, catch a taxi, say "La Tour Eeeefell", and you're gone!

Get a map of Paris. I always advise people to get these laminated fold up ones from the major book stores. That way you always know where you are, and how far it is to where you want to go.

We spent a good 2 hours walking around on our own, and bought sandwiches from a walk-up vendor. Cheap and absolutely deeelish!!

Have fun!

Peggy,

Thanks for the info on Paris!! I think I'd really like the HOHO better, I think the river would be nice but I doubt we'd see as much as we could on the HOHO.

Did I understand that you were on the Millenium? Did you take the bus from the ship? My husband is wondering if there are onboard restrooms on the busses? Whenever you tell him he can't go - he naturally goes crazy!

Thanks again,

Mary

Yes, we took the Millie's "On Your Own" tour, and the bus had a potty in the back.

We bought our tickets on the bus, but you can get them online at several web sites. Just type in "paris hop on off bus" in Google. The cost is about $36 per person.

Peggy,

Thanks for the great info. My husband will be very happy that he can not worry about that in route! :eek:

When you say you bought them on the bus - you mean on the HOHO and not on the Mille tour bus to Paris...

Also, did you get to see anything on the tour into Paris or was it right to the drop off point and thats it?

Sorry for all the questions, you're the only person that I can ask! Would you say it was a good way to see Paris? And did you see alot of places?

Thank you again!!

I'm sorry: two sets of tickets.

The Milllie tour was through the Shore Excursions, and that was roundtrip transpo ship-Paris-ship. I purchased that online from the Celebrity web site before the cruise, and charged them to my credit card.

The hoho tickets can be purchased either on the bus from the driver, or you can purchase them online and print the voucher on your home printer. Try a Google search on L' Open Tour, which is the name of the Paris hoho. Some of the sites are more expensive by a Euro or so. I purchased several hoho tickets from Viator (Amsterdam's canal boat and Stratford on Avon's hoho).

Sorry for the confusion.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, did you get to see anything on the tour into Paris or was it right to the drop off point and thats it?

Sorry for all the questions, you're the only person that I can ask! Would you say it was a good way to see Paris? And did you see alot of places?

I bought the HOHO tickets right as I was getting on - I think one ticket was 26 euros. If this is your 1st time to Paris I would say it is a great way to go. Notre Dame was awesome, went inside and it was beautiful. Did not go inside the Louvre but did drive past it. Sat in a Cafe and people watched.

The ride from LaHavre to Paris was very scenic, the countryside was beautiful.

The only downside by taking the ship transportation into Paris is they make you go back very early. We were back on board ship a good 3 hours before we sailed. I would have preferred more time in the city.

When is your trip?

Hi Dee,

My trip is leaving on Sept. 3rd. We leave from Ams and Paris will be our 2nd stop (first being London).

I really would like to do the ho/ho bus and I think I have confirmed that it would be the best way for us to see as much as we can in the very limited time we have. Did you get to see much on the bus? Also, did you also get dropped off near the Eiffel Tower?

Since you rode the bus in to Paris from LeHarve would you recommend which side of the bus to sit on to see the best sites? Behind the driver or on the opposite side? I'm hoping to get some photos from the bus.

Thanks.

Mary

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

It's been awhile since anyone has posted to this site so I'm hoping somebody sees this question...

If you take the bus ride from LeHarve into Paris, can anyone tell me what side of the bus is the best side for seeing the sites on the ride in.... Please let me know by telling me behind the driver or on the opposite side of the driver. I don't know which side of the road they drive on or which side the driver sits - I'll be confused by left or right! lol

Looking for some photo ops on the way into the city.

Thanks.

We were on the right side of the bus going in, and the driver was on the left. They drive on the left in France. It was nice countryside, but nothing spectacular. Now Paris, that's a whole different story!!! Unbelievable photo ops there.

Peggy,

Thanks for the info. I was hoping you'd still be reading these posts. I bought my tickets for "paris on your own" through the ship. I'm going to buy the HOHO ticket online so that when I get there I won't have to worry about having the right amount of euros onhand.

I am really looking forward to seeing Paris. Hope the weather is nice! Don't really know what to expect for the first week of Sept. in Europe.

I thought I'd heard that they drive on the same side of the road as we do, glad I asked!

Thanks again.

I may or may not have posted here, but this is how to get to the hoho bus:

Our dropoff was behind the Eiffel Tower on Avenue Gustave Eiffel. Walk through the plaza that is underneath the Tower, and to the left when you get in front of it. The Quai Branly is the street running along between the Seine and the Tower. To the left, just about where the corner of Avenue de Suffren is, that's where the hoho picks up.

September should be warm and nice weather. Sit on top in the open to get the good pictures.

Also, our little laminated, pop-up Paris map was VERY handy. We got it at Borders for about $8.

Enjoy!

Peggy,

Thanks, you're a lifesaver!! I'm going to take your direcitons w/me. I bought a little Paris by Day book at Barnes & Noble that has a laminated map in it. The book is pocket sized - I'll probably take it along too.

You did previously post the directions on getting to the bus, this time it was more detailed. Thanks for that.

I hope it's warm, it's so hard to try to decide what I'm going to take. I'm hoping capris will work for the bottoms, then I'm going to layer on top and take a waterproof golf pullover w/a hood. I think I'll be ok in that?

Peggy,

Thanks, you're a lifesaver!! I'm going to take your direcitons w/me. I bought a little Paris by Day book at Barnes & Noble that has a laminated map in it. The book is pocket sized - I'll probably take it along too.

You did previously post the directions on getting to the bus, this time it was more detailed. Thanks for that.

I hope it's warm, it's so hard to try to decide what I'm going to take. I'm hoping capris will work for the bottoms, then I'm going to layer on top and take a waterproof golf pullover w/a hood. I think I'll be ok in that?

My DH says to tell you, "You're in France....go naked!!"....:D

Just kidding. What you plan on will do fine. We sat on a hoho in London once with our raincoats and hoods, and had the whole top of the bus to ourselves because it was lightly raining. We didn't care!

The weather in September will probably be very nice. Take a bag to put the jackets in.

Archived