roll call PG july 11 2007

Zitdoc

Anyone cruising the July 11th date with the PG? My wife and I are going for our 10th anniv. I've seen one person on the message board planning their honeymoon. This is our first time to go on a cruise and we figured better to go with the best. Hope to hear from others on this date.

My family of 4 are booked on this cruise - mom (me), dad, and 2 girls ages 14 & 16. We have previously been on Regent once before - a couple years ago to Alaska on the Mariner. If this is even half as wonderful as that cruise (and from what I've read on this board it will be) it should be fantastic. As my daughters would say, we are TOTALLY PSYCHED!

I can't wait to set sail. My wife and I could really use the break. This will be our first cruise but from what I have read, this is the one to choose. Hope to see everyone soon. Only 2.5 months to go.

Long story but I will make it brief. My wife is not certified and I have a 12 year old IDEA cert that I have never used. I plan on getting my open water PADI cert before leaving and my wife plans on just doing the discover scuba intro. I will try to dive with her to begin the trip and then branch out to the three main excursions if possible. I hope with enough experience to get to the night dive but I am not sure what level of diving experience is required to do this excursion. See you there.

My fiancee and I will be on board for our honeymoon too. This is our first cruise ever as well :)

We're booked on all the beginner dives and the discover scuba diving course. But we'll most likely get our PADI open water certification before the cruise so we may change some of the later dives from beginner to certified.

I finally decided to get my PADI cert before cruising as well. Just finished the book work and watching the DVD's now. My local dive shop has a weekend PADI open water class that includes all four closed and open dives and you prepare prior to the class by reading all the material. The only problem is, I can't convince my wife to take the class with me. She wants to do the discover scuba course but has fears of heights and depths. I don't want to push the issue and am just proud that she wants to do the resort course. I may be looking for a dive buddy for some of the excursions but I assume there will be other people in my situation. Does anyone know if you can dive with the group doing the discover scuba course so she and I can be together for that? Also has anyone dove with the PG before and could comment on whether or not they supply dive computers or simply a SPG. Thanks and I look forward to seeing everyone there!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been to the South Pacific four times on the PG. You WILL love it!

The flight is long (8-9hrs) and usually arrives late (although there are variations). Air Tahiti is the BEST airline I have EVER been on!

MAKE SURE you do not miss Motu Mahana...a relaxing day on a private beach with nice gentlemen from the PG swimming up with a floating bar! What could be better!

You picked a good time...winter (july/aug) is only a couple of degrees cooler than summer (january), but it feels much cooler and there are less bugs.

I wish I was going to be there with you all (we are doing Alaska on the Mariner in a couple of weeks)!

Cheers!

Glad to hear late arrival is the norm and not the exception. Our agent said that Regent reserves that flight for its passengers. Probably less expensive than earlier version and would be nice if less crowded! Just makes for long day in LA since arriving from KC the day before, so guess we'll need to find something to do there. Anyone know of nice way to spend afternoon in CA that can be accessed from airport hotel?

My wife and I are in the same situation. We plan on heading to rodeo drive. From what I have heard I should not be too worried since everything is so over priced that there is no temptation.

My wife and I will also celebrate our 27th anniversary on this cruise. We have cruised with Regent before, but not in the South Pacific so we're looking forward to it. I dive intermittently and hope to on this trip. I don't usually make plans in advance; whenever the mood strikes, I go. I like what other threads say about the fully equipped dive boats leaving from the back of the ship with less than 10 minutes transit time to the dive site! We're going to spend a few days in Tahiti (Radisson) prior to the cruise, and a couple days in LA before that. Those looking for something to do in LA should consider the J. Paul Getty Center (http://www.getty.edu/visit/). Just a few miles up the 405 from LAX, it is an amazing place. Modern architecture, perched atop a hill with great views of LA and the Pacific, gorgeous gardens, and with a huge endowment the collection has something for everyone. Best of all, it's free! Wikipedia has more details and photos: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getty_Center.

We are two couples sailing on th 7/11 PG. Have sailed on Regent (Radisson) twice before. Also spending 2 nights in Tahiti at the Radisson. Congrats to all the honeymooners and anniversary celebraters. We celebrated 30 yrs. in December so I guess you could say this is a belated celebration. Looking forward to meeting you on board (or at the Radisson).

Since it is cooler can anyone tell me if you need to take lightweight jacket or shawl for evening...In Caribbean often windy on board at night and after day in sun can get chilled but not sure if necessary in south pacific.

It's hard to believe that we only have one month until we leave for our 7/11/07 cruise! I know sometimes Cruise Critic will host a meet and greet reception for those cruise critic devotees who are on the cruise. Does anyone know if something has been set up or would you be interested in planning a get together ourselves?

I haven't heard of anything having been set up already. But we're up for meeting up with everybody :)

On another note, have you received anything from Regent yet? We're anxiously waiting for our tickets and paperwork to make the whole thing a bit more real!

The wife and I would love to meet up before the cruise if anyone has any suggestions. We have never been to the South Pacific so I can not recommend anywhere to meet.

On a seperate note, my wife and I have passports that expire two weeks before the cruise. Approximately 2.5 months ago we sent in for new passports but we have not heard anything back. I am starting to get nervous. We checked the passport web site and it says we are still being "processed". Anyone have any suggestions on how to speed this "process" up or if a 3 month window to accertain a renewal on a passport was long enough and I should just be patient. We don't travel often so this is our first time dealing with a passport renewal.

thanks

Just got word today we have a cabin. Such mixed emotions as we rejoice over our luck, but feel bad for the couple who had to drop out, whoever they may be.

This is a 65th BD celebration for my husband. We had two trips (2000-2001) on Renaissance and didn't really want to give up any of the islands by going on land.

Such an easy trip to pack for - 3 swim suits / 3 shirts/ 2 pareos/ 1 snorkel. Okay, better add a pair of sandals and swim shoes. I'm ready. Oh yeah, one empty suitcase for the trip back.

PARTY TIME ... par.tee..par.TEE.. PAR.TEE!!!!!

Anyone interested in a meet and greet. Thinking about gathering all the anniversary couples and all other interested who have been chatting about the upcoming PG 10 on July 11. Many of us celebrating 25 yrs and around. Thinking pre-dinner drinks July 12 after we leave Huahine?

Anyone interested?

Archived