New Carnival Cruiser

EastTexans2

We just found out that there will be no RCCL ships sailing from Galveston between April 2008 and December 2008.

We are now officially new Carnival cruisers. We have booked a B2B on Ecstasy for September 15, 2008! Any advice for us "old RCCL cruisers"?

Sure, just don't expect an "identical" experience. They are both highly successful companies offering a great product, but with differences. Expect some things in the plus column and some things in the minus column, but you should have an overall equally enjoyable time!!!

...As previous posters have stated, you will notice both similarities and differences between RCCL and CCL.

I would say in my experiences prepare yourself for more of a "FUN SHIP" experience as CCL tends to cater more to the youthful and lively adults...

Regardless, you will have a great time and are sure to become a repeat Carnival Cruiser....

HAPPY SAILING!

We have done both the Ecstasy and the RCI Rhapsody and things on both we preferred. The beds on Ecstasy are super comfortable, even though Rhapsody now also has the new bedspreads/duvets. You will get food more hours including a wonderfull deli to make you toasted reuben sandwiches that I hear are to die for, my sister had them twice. Pizza is better too.

We booked Conquest ourselves for the very same reason fall of 2008, nothing else out of Galveston. This fall we are making a trip to Florida to go on RCI but not going to do it every year just to do RCI.

Join the RCI'ers jumping ship (pardon the pun lol).

firefly333.......we talked about driving to Fla. to do a cruise from there, but decided we could do it and save money if we went from Galveston on Carnival. We are about a 6 hr. drive from there. Now that there are no sailings for summer/fall 2008, I'll bet a lot of people will be "RCI'ers jumping ship"!

Archived