New status level?? - an idea

Nitra

With so many hitting Diamond and Diamond + status I was thinking about what next? Once you hit Diamond + that is the end of the line in status right? Well I came up with another status.... Centurian! When you hit the 100 cruise mark, and there are folks that do this, it would be a huge status thing since there are not alot of these folks out there. There could be additional benefits like

Your choice of

1 preminum bottle of wine with dinner or 1 free bottle (value set) of your choice of booze delieverd to your cabin the first night for enjoyment during the week..

on board credit of say 100 dollars

400 off on balcony or above on 7 night or longer cruises...

a private party with the captain, in addition to the other repeater parties, but this one would be a bit more upscale, exclusive sorta thing... Maybe a dinner in Chops or Portofinos on ships that offer it, or on ships that dont, a special luncheon, served in an area of the dining room not opened, like the upstairs level or something..

plus the usual benefits

Just an idea...

If you have 100 cruise credits with RCI why do they need to give you anything else. They are obviously doing something right or you would not have done that many cruises with them.

At the end of the day does it make any difference when you can get to Diamond + by doing 24 x 3 day cruises. Correct me if I am wrong but you can also do it in 12 x 3 day cruises if you occupy a suite on those cruises.

Prehaps the way to do it would be to count the number of days that you spend on the ships, with levels set at say 50, 100, 250, 500, 750 and 1000

I will keep plodding along and at the rate I am going I will be Diamond + by the end of 2009.

I understand you get a free cruise when you hit 100... That's a pretty good perk... :D We're working at it... It'll take a few years!! :rolleyes:

That is interesting.. I had not heard that before..

If you have 100 cruise credits with RCI why do they need to give you anything else. They are obviously doing something right or you would not have done that many cruises with them.

If they should do nothing for you if you 100 cruises, then why do anything at 10 or 20 or whatever? It is a "thank you" for your repeated business. That is why they have levels now.. based on this logic, they should just do away with all perks?

At the end of the day does it make any difference when you can get to Diamond + by doing 24 x 3 day cruises. Correct me if I am wrong but you can also do it in 12 x 3 day cruises if you occupy a suite on those cruises.

I agree, I think if I spend 7 days I should get more credits than those that do 3 or 4 or 5 days. I paid more, in most cases, so should I not earn more credit? I can understand suites on 7 days getting more credit but there has to be a way to do this that makes spreading the wealth a bit more even.

Prehaps the way to do it would be to count the number of days that you spend on the ships, with levels set at say 50, 100, 250, 500, 750 and 1000

I think this is a very logical idea. Do it by number of nights cruised, sorta like the airlines for miles flown. Makes more sense and would be a bit more fair, and they still could give a bonus for suites.

I will keep plodding along and at the rate I am going I will be Diamond + by the end of 2009.

Heck Im happy to finally make diamond!

Archived