Dream to replace the Majesty to Bermuda in 2008

Writeratsea

I just received an email today from my travel agent concerning the Dream replacing the Majesty in 2008. You can even prebook now for voyages starting May 11, 2008. Three price levels quoted: inside, outside and balconies. Are there any opinions of the Dream as compared to our beloved Majesty?:)

I am trying to find information out about the Majesty. It will leave from Balitmore next summer which a 30 minute drive for us.. Can you tell anything about the ship? We will have our 5 kids with...15,13,11,6,and 3.

Is it stilll a good cruise when you stay in the same port for 3 days?

Thanks,

sandi

Sandi - I'm not sure, but you might be talking about two different "Majesty"s. The one being replaced by the Dream is the NCL Majesty. That sails out of Boston currently. The one coming to Baltimore in 2008 might be RCCL's Majesty of the Seas, replacing the Grandeur of the Seas which is moving to Norfolk to replace the Empress of the Seas (phew - confusing!). But I'm not positive about that. Does anyone know for sure?

But to answer your question, there's more than enough to do in Bermuda to be in one place for several days! The bus system is so good, you can get almost anywhere you need to go on a "pink elephant." We were on the Zenith last year, and enjoyed Bermuda so much that we'll be going back on the Empress in June.

I just received an email today from my travel agent concerning the Dream replacing the Majesty in 2008. You can even prebook now for voyages starting May 11, 2008. Three price levels quoted: inside, outside and balconies. Are there any opinions of the Dream as compared to our beloved Majesty?:)

We are considering the Dream out of Boston for 2008.

We have been on the NCL Majesty 2 times, the NCL Spirit, and this year we will be on the Dawn. Years ago we we did a bunch of RCCL cruises and even a Cunard. With the kids, it is about getting to the closest port for a cruise and NCL has worked well for us. We love Freestyle dining. This year we have a suite on the Dawn and I am sure that we will also learn to love the butler!

We hear the the Dream is a nice ship, older like the Majesty but bigger. There are balconies and more deck space and this is a wlecome change for us. We prefer St. George over the Dockyards so the Dream gains some points for us by being there for 3 days.

My sister and her husband have been on the Majesty 11+ times and have already book the Dream for May 2008.

Archived