Ecstasy-Only Thread! Ask questions and post info. here!

pbeachbum

Can anyone tell me if cabin M14 can accommodate 3 people?

Thanks,

Teresa

M14 is one of the old 5As so it has port holes. I dont think any of those cabins allow 3, but its faintly possible, but I still dont think they will allow a rollaway in those cabins.

There are some cabins marked for 2 people that do allow rollaway that arent marked for 3 people, but I really am pretty sure the old 5As arent.

Id call and ask to be sure, as the cabins that are marked for 2 that Carnival has deemed that they have enough to allow a rollaway arent marked on any deck plans, just call and ask. You probably can even call the toll free #. Thats your only chance, that they allow a rollaway. Some for 2 dont allow rollaways. Which ones they allow it in, seems to be a mystery how they decide.

Where are the electrical outlets in the Ecstasy's staterooms? In the photos I have seen it looks like there is one in the middle of the wall across from the foot of the beds, not particularly convenient for anything. Is there one in the little vanity area with the mirror where one's wife would want to use a hair dryer?

I have read of people bringing along an extension cord on cruises because of the lack of electrical outlets where they are needed, and I was wondering if Ecstasy might be one of those ships after looking at some photos. I would rather not bring along such stuff unless it is truly needed.

It wasn't a problem on Conquest as the single electrical outlet was conveniently located next to the vanity mirror.

Is there any difference in the cabins themselves in the 4A class (Riviera inside) versus 4E (Empress inside), other than the location? Thanks!

Insides and OVs are basically alike on Ecstasy, no matter which deck they are on. The only difference is the fake window in the insides, same s.f., 185 s.f. for each.

The only real outlet is the one by the desk. The one in the bathroom I thought was meant for razors and lower currents stuff, but Im not a expert enough to say why, but thats what I read, cant plug in anything big into the bathroom.

Does anyone know if you can check your sign & sail account from your cabin tv? You couldnt the last time we were on Ecstasy but maybe this is an upgrade for drydock? We could on the Conquest and it was convienent to keep up with the kids $$ spent in the arcade:eek:.

I am already getting excited!! Booking the November9th sailing out of Galveston!!!!

Hearing that the ship is in drydock gtting balconies and other upgrades. Has anyone heard anything about that? If thats the case it will be a nice change. I was out on her in February and loved it then.

Yep, Ecstasy is getting 98 new balconies. I had one booked for January, but they made me give it up or pay $120 pp extra to keep the booking I had made specifically because I knew it would be a balcony cabin. Strong armed me.

Also getting waterworks...Im sure other smaller changes, carpet, new tables in the dining room stuff like that you probably wouldnt notice.

I am already getting excited!! Booking the November9th sailing out of Galveston!!!!

Hearing that the ship is in drydock gtting balconies and other upgrades. Has anyone heard anything about that? If thats the case it will be a nice change. I was out on her in February and loved it then.

We can't wait to see all the changes.....I plan to do a review when I get back, so I'll try to post lots of pics....I think we're back on the 5th, so maybe you'll get to see them before you leave!

Sharon

Ecstasy is getting the whole enchillada. I booked a balcony for next year but all they have is guarantee, which is fine. Probably see other choices after they actually get them installed.

All I can suggest is to hunt around and look for photos on the Sensation that has the stuff added already. Some other ships have as well.

They look a little suckee...you decide for yourself..:cool:

The balcony cabins will all be guarantees until Oct. 17 when she comes out of drydock. For now, you can look at the Sensation's deck plan (Ecstasy deck plan after drydock will be the same) , pick a cabin you like and call your PVP on Oct. 17.

Archived