Ecstasy-Only Thread! Ask questions and post info. here!

pbeachbum

[quote name='markslilcutie02'][COLOR=magenta]I have a question about the anytime dining i have already booked for our cruise in april can i change my dining to anytime dining? Also The ship is supposed to depart at 330 i think when should i get there, when do they start boarding. Thanks Kirby[/COLOR][/quote]

You can go into Manage My Cruise on the Carnival site and find your dining assignement. You can make a change there if it is still open. I don't know if you can do this if you booked through a TA.

Been on Ectasy twice M75 and U30 and both cabins worked great with easy access to everything on the ship.. The first cruise was a little intimidating the first day finding everything but by the end if was like the back on your hand. Second cruise was like being home. Husband is in charge and always finds the short cuts to and from one end to the other. I just let him lead and just follow... I hope that the new Magic will be as easy to navigate but he'll figure it out faster than I will . The food is good whether you eat in buffet or MDR... Can't go wrong... All this talking and reading makes me wanna take another before November.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
We will be on the Ecstasy in 2 weeks and want to know how cool it gets during the night? I have heard from some on here that the MDR is cold and also in the show lounges and rooms? I know if you are outside it can be chilly and windy but how about in the MDR at night? I get cold very easily and want to make sure I take appropriate clothing for night time if necessary.

Help Please!! First time cruiser....Have booked aft extened balcony on Upper Deck and one is now open on Empress Deck, should I make the swithch? Why or why not?

The rooms are identical, upper will have more of an overhang due to the balcony above.

The rooms are identical, upper will have more of an overhang due to the balcony above.

Thanks Jhale...we notice the overhang on the deck plans and were trying to get an idea of how far it went out, if it shaded the balcony, would it keep the balcony dry if it rained. Thanks for the help...we are still trying to decide between u239 and e 240....and seems like there are both great.

Thanks Jhale...we notice the overhang on the deck plans and were trying to get an idea of how far it went out, if it shaded the balcony, would it keep the balcony dry if it rained. Thanks for the help...we are still trying to decide between u239 and e 240....and seems like there are both great.

I would probably choose E because I like that deck better. Not sure why.

Anybody book the new itinerary out of Port Canaveral yet? I'm looking at the first trip from there, leaving 11/7. My family lives in central Florida so I can spend the weekend with them, then cruise for the week (Veterans Day 11/11 is a holiday for me) and get back with a day to spare before back-to-work.

Any Ecstasy fans out there? I've sailed 3 Fantasy-class ships - they ain't what they used to be, but they're still fun and the price is right! :)

Anybody book the new itinerary out of Port Canaveral yet? I'm looking at the first trip from there, leaving 11/7. My family lives in central Florida so I can spend the weekend with them, then cruise for the week (Veterans Day 11/11 is a holiday for me) and get back with a day to spare before back-to-work.

Any Ecstasy fans out there? I've sailed 3 Fantasy-class ships - they ain't what they used to be, but they're still fun and the price is right! :)

True .... they are now better. I love what they did to Ecstasy. Im a Ecstasy fan.

True .... they are now better. I love what they did to Ecstasy. Im a Ecstasy fan.

Hey, fire, you're right, they are better than they used to be for many facilities - more choices - but not so good in other ways - only ONE pool now for 2000+ pax :confused:. And they're a little long in the tooth in other ways - still fewer choices than the newer classes.

But not only is the price right, but as I always say, it's the same ocean for everyone, no matter your ship or the fare you paid.

So are we. We will miss her. :(

We will be on her one last time while she is in New Orleans in October

Empress deck midship is our favorite E60'ish

I would probably choose E because I like that deck better. Not sure why.

E is our favorite deck on the Fantasy Class ships - only 1 deck up to the action. We can use the stairs instead of the long wait for elevators. We took E240 as it was the only aft balcony left on Empress at the time we booked.

Ectasy is fine for two...but a bit crowded for three. If you haven't sailed Conquest class or better...you won't know any better. HOWEVER if your FIRST cruise was Conquest THEN you do the Ectasy...uhhh...I cried :( when I saw our cabin. My son slept right on top of our heads...On the Conquest he had a bed off to the side (the room had a sofa). The Ectasy bathroom you NEED an over the door "organizer"...Conquest...they had a full shelf and sink with counter in the bathroom.

I was certian I made somebody mad. BUT it's a nice ship and the room is fine for TWO. You can feel a LOT more movement of the sea and vibration of the ship...BUT I really LIKE that.

Ectasy is fine for two...but a bit crowded for three. If you haven't sailed Conquest class or better...you won't know any better. HOWEVER if your FIRST cruise was Conquest THEN you do the Ectasy...uhhh...I cried :( when I saw our cabin. My son slept right on top of our heads...On the Conquest he had a bed off to the side (the room had a sofa). The Ectasy bathroom you NEED an over the door "organizer"...Conquest...they had a full shelf and sink with counter in the bathroom.

I was certian I made somebody mad. BUT it's a nice ship and the room is fine for TWO. You can feel a LOT more movement of the sea and vibration of the ship...BUT I really LIKE that.

This is the kind of thing I was thinking about when I said earlier that this class of ships ain't what it used to be - the cabins are better on the newer ships - besides the bathrooms, for example, no cabin sofas on these ships except in the suites, just a straight chair and a stool, also no big screen). But it won't stop me from going if/when the price is right.

5 days is a good cruise length for these ships - long enough to relax and have plenty of fun, but not so long that you start missing some of the features of bigger ships.... :o

The food is good -- I don't have to do anything but show up for dinner. There are people who work very hard so that I will enjoy my time. I have books to read. I don't need amenities of the larger ships. But I will, of course, try the Magic when she arrives because of her size.

My husband and I will be on the Ecstasy in October. This is our first cruise to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. I seem to think of a different question every day!!! Can anyone tell me when formal night is? Is Jeans and a nice shirt ok for the MDR?

Thanks! Any other tips that anyone has would be wonderful!!

My husband and I will be on the Ecstasy in October. This is our first cruise to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. I seem to think of a different question every day!!! Can anyone tell me when formal night is? Is Jeans and a nice shirt ok for the MDR?

Thanks! Any other tips that anyone has would be wonderful!!

If you're on a 7-day, 'elegant' (used to be formal) nights will be the second night of the cruise and also the nex-to-last night. For a shorter cruise, it's the second night only.

Jeans and a nice shirt are OK in the MDR for all but elegant night - they'd rather have the guys in khakis at least for that night.

Only 216 days to go for me....what a long time, maybe I need another cruise to tide me over....:confused::D

Archived