Ecstasy-Only Thread! Ask questions and post info. here!

pbeachbum

I was just wondering if you could pencil in things like eggs and bacon on the room service menu. I know the menu is limited. February will be my first time on a Carnival ship. In the past with Holland and Princess I have been able to do this.

Thanks in Advance!

Margo

Hi All we sail on her this coming Monday! :) I'll do my very best to remember to bring the Capers home and scan them. Also will try and take photos of the Menus. Anything else someone want? We've upgraded to a outside Verandah cabin go an offer to good to refuse! :D

I was just wondering if you could pencil in things like eggs and bacon on the room service menu. I know the menu is limited. February will be my first time on a Carnival ship. In the past with Holland and Princess I have been able to do this.

Thanks in Advance!

Margo

If I recall, you can order off-menu items, but there's a price for them.

JAmes

We were on the Ecstasy on the 5 night New Years Eve cruise and loved it. I saw when looking online a few days ago that she could not be booked mid Sept09 into Oct.09. I called Carnival and they said the Ecstasy was going in for a month long Dry dock to give her the "Evolutions of Fun" enhancements. So I booked Spring Break 2010 and got an awesome fair. I hope they keep it scheduled.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/static_templates/promos/evolutionsoffun/

• 1 month later...
how formal is the formal dinning?? do men have to wear jackets or just a button down and what about the women??

Carnival no longer has formal night, they have "elegant" night. We had a table full of women, one wore low cut sun dresses every night, while one mother wore a nice red suit with matching skirt. The only really dressed up was a baby at the next table with a mock tux.

Speaking of attire, what constitutes a good "cover-up" for Lido deck? If I'm wearing a 2 piece, can I just throw on a wrap on my lower half, or do they prefer that you're all covered up?

A wrap will do just fine but you might want to take a robe out there too. I can get pretty chilly going from outside to inside the ship....

Speaking of attire, what constitutes a good "cover-up" for Lido deck? If I'm wearing a 2 piece, can I just throw on a wrap on my lower half, or do they prefer that you're all covered up?

If you are talking about going into the buffet, I dont think bathing suits are allowed, so you would want to cover it up.

What's this about bathrobes?? I did see several people on Lido in their bathrobes, but seemed kinda odd to me.

A wrap will do just fine but you might want to take a robe out there too. I can get pretty chilly going from outside to inside the ship....

Don't they have drink and snack bars outside too, or at least open air ones? Sorry, I've never cruised. It's just how I pictured it when people talked about it. I tried looking on the deck plans on carnival's site, but it's hard to tell what's outside and what's inside.

Don't they have drink and snack bars outside too, or at least open air ones? Sorry, I've never cruised. It's just how I pictured it when people talked about it. I tried looking on the deck plans on carnival's site, but it's hard to tell what's outside and what's inside.

Ecstasy had them near the aft area of the main pool. Some have them by the main pool, but Im not sure all do. I cant remember the Conquest already.

Ecstasy goes into dry dock on October 12, I believe. We have cruised on her before, but just booked a B2B for 10-26 & 10-31. Can't wait......a 10-day cruise!

Just wanted to say hey to a fellow east texan! We're in Lindale! Sailing on the Ecstasy for the 1st time in 44 days!!! Woo-Hoo!:p We have to do short 4 or 5 day ones bc we can't leave the kids longer than that! Maybe one day we'll bring them with us! lol

• 3 weeks later...
Is there any way to figure out how full/booked the ship is through the Carnival website?

Not on the website but if you call the reservation desk, they can tell you. I know that Royal C. Mar 22 sailing only had 5 cabins left as of yesterday. Give them a call

Ecstasy goes into dry dock on October 12, I believe. We have cruised on her before, but just booked a B2B for 10-26 & 10-31. Can't wait......a 10-day cruise!

Actually, Ecstasy goes into a 28 day drydock from Sept.19th - Oct.17th for the" Evolutions of Fun " Fantasy Class upgrade. She should really look great !!

Actually, Ecstasy goes into a 28 day drydock from Sept.19th - Oct.17th for the" Evolutions of Fun " Fantasy Class upgrade. She should really look great !!

I would sure like to know if Ecstasy will get the balconys like Sensation. Wonder when they will say, if ever, what is going to be done in dry dock?

Here's some info on the upgrade on Fantasy. I guess it will be the same.

http://carnival-news.com/tag/evolutions-of-fun/

The date on that was Oct 2008, since then the Sensation had balconies added. Iv also heard that Carnival reps have mentioned the balconies too.

Maybe we can have a running bet and see who is right, you or me. My bet is she will get the balconies. Until it is announced, I guess we wait to see, but Im betting she gets balconies like Sensation, more than what Fantasy had done last year.

The date on that was Oct 2008, since then the Sensation had balconies added. Iv also heard that Carnival reps have mentioned the balconies too.

Maybe we can have a running bet and see who is right, you or me. My bet is she will get the balconies. Until it is announced, I guess we wait to see, but Im betting she gets balconies like Sensation, more than what Fantasy had done last year.

I'm not interested in betting or being right. I didn't say they were or were not adding balconies. I was just trying to provide info on the subject of what might be done to the Ecstasy. If you want to see them added, then I hope you get them. ;)

Where did y'all find out that Ecstasy was going into drydock? I want to know where to look to find things out.

elizabeth

If you look at the dates where there is a big gap, starting sometime in September thru about October 17th?, thats when Ecstasy will be in dry dock.

Texas firefighter, I was just trying to say I dont think Ecstasy will have the same dry dock as Fantasy, I think its getting balconies, or that's what i hear. sorry, you probably were not posting to me TX firefighter, your post just happened to be after my post about Ecstasy getting balconies, so I thought you were addressing me.

Hi, I am a first time cruiser. We depart from Galveston, TX in May 2009, and are going on the Carnival Ecstasy. There are 9 of us going total, in 3 rooms. I am looking for any tips, information, or anything that could be helpful to us to have the best cruise possible. There are 4 kids ages 11-14. Please help! Please and thanks!

Archived