Ecstasy-Only Thread! Ask questions and post info. here!

pbeachbum

Ok, I've been reading/skimming through the BILLION pages of this thread. :)

Lots of talk about the musty/smokey smell on board. I read somewhere else that they recently put in new carpets & bedding... surely the smells are gone now, right? Some of those posts about the smell are from 2007 & 2008.

Ok, I've been reading/skimming through the BILLION pages of this thread. :)

Lots of talk about the musty/smokey smell on board. I read somewhere else that they recently put in new carpets & bedding... surely the smells are gone now, right? Some of those posts about the smell are from 2007 & 2008.

We sailed on her in Feb and June...we did not have any problems with smells of any kind. We had a great time on both cruises and would do it again in a heartbeat.

She goes into drydock in September too, so will most likely be seeing some new carpet, paint etc... but we loved her just like she is!!!!

I have not been on the Conquest yet, but would love to. Hopefully soon!

After hearing about the decor on most Carnival ships, and seeing the neon on the Ecstasy, I was pleasantly surprised by how tame the rooms seemed. :)

Hmm, I may have to rethink the balcony guarantee then, if noises are not really an issue. time to do some searching around for reviews with rooms on Empress deck. ;)

I mistakenly said we were on Ecstasy last year. It was last April..the infamous cruise to nowhere due to the swine flu thing. So we're really looking forward to next April get to go to ports...yippee.

The other reason is to see all the improvements that you are going to enjoy here shortly. I hope they fix those propulsion problems cause if they don't I think it's time to change lines.

I wonder if the balconies will become available in other than guarantee as soon as they're actually added. Don't know if that would help you sailing so soon after dry dock.

As far as noise...we were right by the elevators on Empress. No noise at all. No noise from above. I can only speak to that location....others may vary.

Have a great trip.

What is the link where people watch the ship come in and out of port? Thanks :)

I watch the ship on the galveston dot com website. They have a place on the home page that says webcams. The cruise tab is the one I use most. There is another that you can watch the ship leave but I don't remember the name of the tab. Be careful it is addicting.

Here is the Seawolf Park webcam -- haven't used it myself since the hurricane last year, so not sure if it shows the ship now. Before, this was the first glimpse you got of the ship as it came in to Galveston Bay

Seawolf Park

This is the Harbour Cam -- here you can see the ship as it comes in to Galveston Bay just before it docks. It updates every 6 seconds so it's really cool to watch the ship move thru.

Harbour Cam

And finally, here is the Cruise Cam. Pretty self explanatory!! Where the ship sits all day!

Cruise Cam

Thanks for the replies about the webcam and my husband booked the Holiday Inn (not the sunspree) just the reg Holiday Inn and they have shuttles that run every hour starting at 9:30am and we can leave our car there so just a cab when we get off.

My DH and I go to Port Aransas TX every winter for three months. I just received an email asking how many of us would be interested in going on a cruise in January on the Ecstasy. Well, of course I jumped on that one. That would be so much fun. Not very long, but a cruise is a cruise to me.

I have not been on a small ship in quite a while, but I am sure I would get use to it. I will miss my balcony though.

I hope they can get enough of us to go. It sounds like they are just starting to ask people about it. I hope they do not take to long to make the plans.

Pegs222

You might check on the balcony. There a some to be added in the Sept. re-do.:)

Thanks for the heads up. I just found out this information today and I am already excited LOL. When the ships come out of a "re-do", when will we be able to know if they do have balcony's and we can book one?

Wish I could get excited about my Alaska cruise in two weeks :(.

Thanks for the heads up. I just found out this information today and I am already excited LOL. When the ships come out of a "re-do", when will we be able to know if they do have balcony's and we can book one?

Wish I could get excited about my Alaska cruise in two weeks :(.

If you price out a cruise on the Carnival website with a date after dry dock - I don't think you can select the balconies yet (I think they're only doing guarantee right now), but - if you look at the floorplan, you can see which cabins are going to become balconies. At least that worked for me a couple of days ago.

Ashley :)

When is Ecstacy actually going into drydock? The website shows sailings all thru Sept., Oct. & Nov. I may have missed something. Someone let me know. Thanks

Suppose to be after the September 14th sailing. Cannot remember for how long but I thought for about 4 weeks.

Does anyone have any updates on the propulsion problems? Are they fixed or an ongoing problem? We are taking our first Carnival cruise on 8/8 and can't wait! Just worried that we might be boarding or coming back late--some in group have places to be the day we come back to Galveston...

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter and I were booked in an OV room, and she couldn't stand it that Ecstasy was getting balconies and we didn't have one, and booked one of the new balconies. Right now you can only book guarantee so we are keeping our fingers crossed. We will be on the second sailing after dry dock, so hope all the post dry dock kinks are worked out by then :)

Does anyone have any updates on the propulsion problems? Are they fixed or an ongoing problem? We are taking our first Carnival cruise on 8/8 and can't wait! Just worried that we might be boarding or coming back late--some in group have places to be the day we come back to Galveston...

The propulsion problems have been going on since at least March 2005. I've only experienced them twice with 8 sailings since then.

One time we were quite late getting back ...almost a whole day. The other time it was just a few hours.

Oops...I just noticed that you left yesterday! Hope your sailing encounters no problems and that you have a wonderful time!

I'm planning on booking the Ecstasy, probably the Dec 7th 5 day. I think we're leaning towards one of the new balconies. I've cruised 3 times, all on the Conquest. First time we had an ocean view, last two times we had balconies.

I have a few questions, but most of them will be better answered after the dry dock. I hope the first cruisers after dry dock come back with lots of information and pictures!

I'm planning on booking the Ecstasy, probably the Dec 7th 5 day. I think we're leaning towards one of the new balconies. I've cruised 3 times, all on the Conquest. First time we had an ocean view, last two times we had balconies.

I have a few questions, but most of them will be better answered after the dry dock. I hope the first cruisers after dry dock come back with lots of information and pictures!

Sensation had the exact same balconys added after dry dock, so Im not sure what questions you have that cant be answered? You can look at Sensation pics to see what the new balconies will look like. They are added to the outside of the hull, so the cabins will still be 185 s.f.

Sensation had the exact same balconys added after dry dock, so Im not sure what questions you have that cant be answered? You can look at Sensation pics to see what the new balconies will look like. They are added to the outside of the hull, so the cabins will still be 185 s.f.

Thanks - my questions aren't specifically about the balconies. Things like do you still have 2 cards, one for the door and a separate sail and sign... Is the safe still a keypad or does it use a card? Questions like that.

Archived