All Things Mariner Of The Seas

I'm with the June 21 group. I don't think we're allowed to talk to people on the Feb 22 cruise. However, I am currently planning to go to the port to take photos of the ship leaving Los Angeles on Feb 22. Then I can start a thread about the Mariner leaving Los Angeles and have photographic proof. :)

LOL Cruiser2...we are also sailing on the February 22, 2009 cruise with Carol (Corky)...how about joining us on Saturday afternoon at the Acupulco Restaurant to take photos of the Saphire Princess and Norwegian Star sailing out of port. We would love to meet you. Jim (dh) and I are going to stay over on Sunday night to watch the Mariner sail away then drive home on Monday....Char

LOL Cruiser2...we are also sailing on the February 22, 2009 cruise with Carol (Corky)...how about joining us on Saturday afternoon at the Acupulco Restaurant to take photos of the Saphire Princess and Norwegian Star sailing out of port. We would love to meet you. Jim (dh) and I are going to stay over on Sunday night to watch the Mariner sail away then drive home on Monday....Char

Okay, I could do that.

Hey Cuizer2 -- don't get too comfy eating cuz you are suppose to be taking our going away pics as the Mariner sails away!! and I will be on the correct side so I can wave at you!! and yell at you too!! heehee! Corkey

Well on Saturday it will not be a problem if we are at the Acapulco. On Sunday if the group insists on Acapulco, then I'll have to move down before the ship leaves so that I can get the photos I want.

OGCFreddie thank you sooooooo much for the menu

was a great big help ...my brother and his family will be anxious to see it this weekend as we have another pre cruise party....!!!

I leave the 19th of Oct....so still have awhile but so anxious to be on the Mariner once again....my favorite ship as you can see....I still sad to see it leave and go to the west coast...but who knows might have to visit it out there also ...my daughter moved to phoenix AZ...tell her meet me there ....

Well on Saturday it will not be a problem if we are at the Acapulco. On Sunday if the group insists on Acapulco, then I'll have to move down before the ship leaves so that I can get the photos I want.

Hey Cruiser2...we will be on the ship on Sunday so you can stand where ever you want. ;)

Will be get good shots from the Acalpuco on Saturday when NCL Star and Saphire Princess sail away....or is Ports of Call Restaurant the best spot of pictue taking?

Thanks, Char

Hey Cruiser2...we will be on the ship on Sunday so you can stand where ever you want. ;)

Will be get good shots from the Acalpuco on Saturday when NCL Star and Saphire Princess sail away....or is Ports of Call Restaurant the best spot of pictue taking?

Thanks, Char

This is where I take my photos from ...

IMG_3329.jpg

IMG_3330.jpg

IMG_3331.jpg

IMG_3332.jpg

DH and I are on the South American repositioning cruise next Jan.4th out of Pt. Canaveral to Rio, Buenos Aires, Cape Horn, Valpariso and back to Calif. Any idea when the formal nites are?? We are planning our shore excursions and I sure don't want to have "beach hair" for those special

evenings. Also, was told the ship offers "laundry service" - like a small

bag (underwear) for $ 20. Any idea if this is true and about how many

times is it offered per two week leg ?? Thanks so much :rolleyes:

DH and I are on the South American repositioning cruise next Jan.4th out of Pt. Canaveral to Rio, Buenos Aires, Cape Horn, Valpariso and back to Calif. Any idea when the formal nites are?? We are planning our shore excursions and I sure don't want to have "beach hair" for those special

evenings. Also, was told the ship offers "laundry service" - like a small

bag (underwear) for $ 20. Any idea if this is true and about how many

times is it offered per two week leg ?? Thanks so much :rolleyes:

Typically one formal night is the night of the first full day on the ship. Per the Royal Caribbean website, cruises that are six to thirteen nights in length have two formal nights. Cruises of fourteen or more nights have three formal nights.

None of the Royal Caribbean ships have self service laundry, so yes, the ship does offer a laundry service. Here is a link to the laundry service on Royal Caribbean's website ...

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do;jsessionid=0000kd9olZs7Y2b-O6O9YcMM9P9:12h3g0fq2?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Extras&faqId=287&faqSubjectId=337&faqType=faq

As to the rest, you do realize that this is a first of its kind offering. All of the prior repo ships Royal Caribbean sent to the west coast came through the Panama Canal. In fact, both ships being repositioned from California are going through the Panama Canal. There is no prior experience on such an offering from Royal Caribbean.

Thanks for the info about this being a truly "one of a kind" itinerary - so I still need to know about the laundry bag ?? - do we get this offer a couple

of times or not?? - that's alot of hand washing for 46 days !!!! Not to mention the amount of clothes to take. :confused:

Sorry, I have been on two two-week cruises, but neither was with Royal Caribbean. Instead of asking as part of a Mariner thread, given that in the past the Mariner has only done one week cruises, you might start a new thread. That way you might get some information from people who have been on a two week cruise on Royal Caribbean, thought obviously not the Mariner.

Any place to stay near port in LA the night prior and how is the weather in April (leaving 4/5)

We have reservations for the Double Tree in San Pedro...we check in Saturday before Easter....155.00 for 2 adults and 2 teenagers....we also get to leave our car for free while we cruise for the week and they have a shuttle service..:)

Angela California

We have reservations for the Double Tree in San Pedro...we check in Saturday before Easter....155.00 for 2 adults and 2 teenagers....we also get to leave our car for free while we cruise for the week and they have a shuttle service..:)

Angela California

Hey Angela - we keep finding each other!! Corkey

That's when my daughter and I will be cruising on the Mariner. We're staying at the Doubletree where I've stayed twice before. Located on a beautiful marina with nice areas to stroll nearby. They have free parking for the length of your cruise. Also, a free shuttle to and from the port, as well as within a 5 mile radius. We always eat at the Acapulco the night before. Several people have bid on Priceline and won the Crowne Plaza for $65-75. They don't offer free parking, though. I've also stayed there twice when it was a Sheraton. Free shuttle, as well.

The weather is always warm in Mexico in April. It can be chilly in LA, especially as you sail away and on the way back. It even rained the day before on two of our cruises out of San Pedro in April. But it stopped soon after embarking and Mexico was hot.

If you go to http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=11249152 you can read some posts about hotels, etc. in San Pedro. It's on this board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413

See you on the Mariner on April 5!

Any place to stay near port in LA the night prior and how is the weather in April (leaving 4/5)

Does anyone know if the Mariner currently offers one of those champagne cocktail cards that some RCL ships have available at the champagne bars?

I read on another thread that some (but not all) RCL ships sell a 10 drink card for about $50 bucks.

If they do this on the Mariner, that would be really cool. :)

Archived