All Things Mariner Of The Seas

:D This was such a great idea that ChristieNJ had for the Explorer that I decided to start a Mariner thread. So lets here from all you cruisers. Past cruisers, cruisers to be, present cruisers, lets here your stories, ideas, questions, comments, and share those pictures people!!! I hope everyone enjoyes!!!!:D

Looking forward to this post also. My family is going 7-13-08 wife and 3 boys 13,11,9. We have a balcony for the wife and I, and inside across the hall for the 3 boys. First RCI cruise and also 1st with a balcony. previous carnival cruises with no children.

The Mariner is NO doubt my favorite ship out there. She holds a special place in my heart, since I did go on the innagural sailing, and fell in love with my now wife the second time on her, and then the third time for my honeymoon with the girl I fell in love with the second sailing:) I have tons of Mariner pics in my link below. We are looking at the Mariner again for September:)

Greetings all - my wife and I will be on the Mariner 1/20/08 - promanade room - third time cruisers, second on RCCL (first being Rhapsody 1/14/07). Looking forward to meeting all of you sailing that week as well as having a great time aboard the Mariner.

AWSOME!!! That's what I like to hear. I've booked the Mariner December 16 for my GF and her two teenage daughters. No doubt that after this sailing the Mariner will have a special place in my heart too. You see I plan to ask my GF to marry me. I've gotten 3 rings. 1 for her and 1 for each of her daughters. I've heard that it's a package deal so I figured I better ask all 3 of them.:D Keep up the good work everyone!!!

Looking forward to this post also. My family is going 7-13-08 wife and 3 boys 13,11,9. We have a balcony for the wife and I, and inside across the hall for the 3 boys. First RCI cruise and also 1st with a balcony. previous carnival cruises with no children.

Sounds like you did it right. My GF and I have two Promenade rooms joining. After thinking about it I wish we would have booked a room across the hall with a balcony. We've been trying to get something across on deck 7 but deck 7 seems to be the place to be. So we'll keep watching for something to open up!!! HAPPY SAILINGS!!!!

I will never forget on that Innagural sailing, everything smelt sooo new, the towels were full, the robes were brand new......We were pulling the plastic covering off the balcony glass, as they didnt do it at the shipyard. Simply AWESOME!

Oh darn !!! You beat me too it. Glad you started this one. I love everything about her. Can't wait to be on her after drydock. SHould be awesome.

Blake

When is she going into drydock and do you know what work they will be doing?

When is she going into drydock and do you know what work they will be doing?

She is going into drydock April 29th. We know she will get the new bedding, new carpet where needed etc etc....The rumor is still out there that new flat screen tv's will be added to each cabin, but I think that is un founded at this time. We will just have to wait and see.

You really do know how to torture someone! Just kidding! We are going for the 1st time on the Mariner on June 17 and from all I have heard she is a wonderful ship. Just hope I am not letting my expectations get too high. Each of these threads, whether reviews or questions, makes the wait both fly by and go excrutiatingly slow at the same time.

We too have a balcony for DH and myself and a promenade across the hall for the kids. First time for both categories of cabins for us, and first time with 2 cabins. We usually squeeze all of us into one, but realized last year enough is enough. I spend way too much time on these boards trying to find out all I can so you can be sure I'll be visiting this thread a lot.

Thanks for starting this one! All information from the 'regulars' is welcomed.

We have a family group of 12 going on Mariner 2-24-08. I'm so excited I can't hardly stand it. I don't know how I'm going to survive the next 10 months. My head is already close to exploding due to all the information I've gathered.

She is going into drydock April 29th. We know she will get the new bedding, new carpet where needed etc etc....The rumor is still out there that new flat screen tv's will be added to each cabin, but I think that is un founded at this time. We will just have to wait and see.

Bedding and carpeting seems the most important, people just don't like to see those stains or old bedding. New TV ok however we don't spend a lot of time in the cabin with TV on.

:D This was such a great idea that ChristieNJ had for the Explorer that I decided to start a Mariner thread. So lets here from all you cruisers. Past cruisers, cruisers to be, present cruisers, lets here your stories, ideas, questions, comments, and share those pictures people!!! I hope everyone enjoyes!!!!:D

Our second cruise was on Mariner. We loved it. Despite not making Coco Cay because of weather it was still a special week. I wrote a review of Mariner based off my recollections and my DW's journal. We especially enjoyed our wait staff in Rhapsody in Blue and Becky Luv cruise director extraordinare. I agree this thread has been needed for a long time.

As Becky says: whatever you choose to do, do it with a smile! Bye luv!

This is a lot of first for me too!

First time on RCL

First time on Mariner

First vacation with my GF and two kids

First time trying to be a parental unit to two teenage girls! (thus the balding and greying at 35)

First time Staci has been out of the U.S.

First time I've given my heart totally to 3 ladies yet alone 1!

With this being said...I am looking for proposal Ideas. So I am asking you...the CC members to help me out. What proposal ideas do you have. Keep in mind I have 3 rings..one for her and her two daughters. Ages are 41, 14, and 17. Lets hear them!!

We have a family group of 12 going on Mariner 2-24-08. I'm so excited I can't hardly stand it. I don't know how I'm going to survive the next 10 months. My head is already close to exploding due to all the information I've gathered.

I feel your pain...I feel your pain...

The good news...we have something to look forward to...The bad news is it's so FAR AWAY!! Sad thing is I'm already looking at a 12 day cruise on the Explorer for NEXT NOVEMBER 30!! Great price though!:eek:

We were on Mariner for the first time last November. We loved the ship so much we have 2 more cruises booked on her. My favorite thing, aside from the Promenade is Portofino. We had the best service and food in there. I am so looking forward to going again.

Some days the time seems to drag, other days it's rushing by and I don't have even half the things done I need to do. I know it will all work out, and I guess I work better under pressure.

Katie

Rdbradley -- SO glad you started this thread!

Our family, including teen son, love the Mariner! We've sailed this great ship 3x and then tried the Radiance last December. Guess what? We're back to the Mariner for our next cruise in June 08.

I hope that by the time we sail again, they have changed the production shows. We've seen the same shows for 3 consecutive years. We miss the Krooze Komics too!

On the flip side, we've thoroughly enjoyed Captain Johnny and cruise directors Becky Thompson and James Andrews! We love Portofino and the jubilant atmosphere we find aboard the entire ship. We love the Promenade, the Ice Show, and the tremendous attention give to Teens as well. This ship IS our destination, much more than any port we visit -- although we do like Labadee!

For all of you who have not sailed her and are here seeking info, you will be amazed once you step aboard.

I will pass along a very informative website for Voyager class ships. Here you will find not only information about the Mariner, but ALL five ships in this class. Tons of photos, stats, etc. There is a wealth of info detailing the differences in design between the two newer Voyager class ships (Mariner and her older sister the Navigator) and those of the first generation design: (Voyager, Explorer, and Adventure of the Seas).

Here's the link:

http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voyagerclass/

On my photo website, you'll find photos from my Mariner cruises to include pictures of different types of cabins, what a Pullman looks like when it down and up, balcony photos, Jr. Suite photos, pictures of Portofino entrees, etc.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40631118@N00/

There is a pool of photos (thousands of pictures!!) on this same Flickr website. The pool of photos was compiled by members of our Meet & Mingle aboard the Mariner sailing in June 2006.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/marineroftheseas/

I'm happy to help anyone with questions!

Have fun!

Rose

LOWcountrygal:thanks for the links for the pics.... if anyone else has pics of the mariner, pls share!!! ;)

I am sailing the mariner in july for my 40th birthday and my sons birthday too!! also my hubby and i are celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary... Sooooo excited!!

This is our 3rd cruise, our first was on Explorer (LOVED IT) and our second was on Disney Magic.... but its back to RCCL for me!!!

Let's keep this thread going ! !

Archived