When is the best time to visit Hawaii?

mktmzm

I read multiple guidebooks and they all said the same thing, the most concise explanation I found was in Frommers' Hawaii book, it's within the first dozen pages so if you want an exact quote go stop by a bookstore and thumb through it. But the basic explanation was that it's great all year, but rainier in the winter and less rain in the summer. To avoid crowds and higher prices, don't go in the summer months, and instead the best times are April/May, and August/September. On top of that, a week around the end of April (right now I think) is a holiday week for Japanese which also increases crowds and presumably prices.

Also keep in mind which areas you're going to, they all have their own crazy climates where one part of the island will often be rainy while another rarely gets rain.

One other thing, and I don't know how bad this can be, but supposedly jellyfish swarm beaches like Waikiki about 8 - 10 days after every full moon. Crazy, I know, but I've heard that from multiple sources.

Based on all that information, I personally planned my trip for the last week of May and first week of June. It's well away from the post-full-moon madness, it's a great time of year to go weather-wise, rates were good for my cruise and my hotels, and I get an extra day off due to Memorial Day. Hope this info. helps!

we were just there in hawaii last week and the weather was perfect.. it rained on and off in hilo , but the other places were nice, in the 80's.. and not a lot of humidity like in the summer...

I would also agree with the other poster and go in april, may , or beginning of june,

after like 6/15 the rates go up for the summer season.

take care

melissa

Archived