NY Times on the Oosterdam

defaultet

Hi,

Went on a 7-day Mexico cruise in March on the Oosterdam. The dining was not as good as the Noordam, but one of the main complaints I had was that the NY Times summary paper was not being delivered. Apparently their printing press was having problems so it wasn't being printed/delivered. They would just have a handful of copies in the library, Front Desk, and probably some copies for the Suite folks.

Seems like a really small thing, but it made a difference to me. Have they got the problem fixed since? I really love that little summary paper. For a lot of people (myself included) it's difficult to be entirely comfortable on a cruise if you feel shut off from the rest of the world.

Interesting. I'll check that out next time. But I'm not sure if I want to spend any vacation time in front of a computer. I sit in front of a screen the entire day, every day. But I'll certainly check it out if they don't have a summary paper next time. :)

Interesting. I'll check that out next time. But I'm not sure if I want to spend any vacation time in front of a computer. I sit in front of a screen the entire day, every day. But I'll certainly check it out if they don't have a summary paper next time. :)

I "analyze data" for 8 or 9 hours a day, come home and respond to email, do some personal research on the net. I bring my laptop along on vacations so that I can write - it's so much easier than pen and paper. Was very pleased that I could access the internet from my cabin - not near any hot spots. I loved Explorations with the NYT terminals.

Yes, I'm single.:D

Was very pleased that I could access the internet from my cabin - not near any hot spots.
Interesting! Was this on the Oosterdam like the OP, or your recent Volendam cruise? What cabin was it? Thanks. (Thinking of going on the Volendam.) :)

Interesting! Was this on the Oosterdam like the OP, or your recent Volendam cruise? What cabin was it? Thanks. (Thinking of going on the Volendam.) :)

This was on the Volendam, #3402. Towards the stern on the Lower Promenade deck. Most of the listed hot spots are higher and more forward. The signal strength was stronger in Explorations, but it didn't seem to make any difference in speed. I did go to the library most times though, because of its soothing atmosphere.

Archived