Wallet stolen from Room on Disney ship

karen116

My father and some other family members just returned from a Disney cruise yesterday (Thursday April 26). A wallet was stolen from my fathers room (yes I know they did not put the wallet in the safe). They contacted staff on the ship and were told that that nothing could be done. As the room keys are magnetic they asked that the door locks be checked to see who used a key to enter the room. They were told that the only other person who used a key to enter the room was the room stewart.

My questions - has anyone else had a problem with theft on the ships? and how was it handled?

On most ships when the room stewards are cleaning they have several doors opened. If the wallet was left out, someone walking by might have seen it and picked it up. We had a saying in the navy, "Keep a shipmate honest, lock everything up".

On most ships when the room stewards are cleaning they have several doors opened. If the wallet was left out, someone walking by might have seen it and picked it up. We had a saying in the navy, "Keep a shipmate honest, lock everything up".
Yes, I noticed that too. The room stewards leave a few stateroom doors open while cleaning. That's how I got to glance into a suite.;) Every room has a safe. We used it for our personal documents (birth certificates/passports), extra cash and my jewelry. The staff is human. However, I don't think a room steward would risk their job over a wallet. I bet it was someone walking by and saw the wallet out or went through some drawers real quick. Good lesson for everyone to learn. . . LOCK UP YOUR VALUABLES!

- Jennifer

• 2 weeks later...
My father and some other family members just returned from a Disney cruise yesterday (Thursday April 26). A wallet was stolen from my fathers room (yes I know they did not put the wallet in the safe). They contacted staff on the ship and were told that that nothing could be done. As the room keys are magnetic they asked that the door locks be checked to see who used a key to enter the room. They were told that the only other person who used a key to enter the room was the room stewart.

My questions - has anyone else had a problem with theft on the ships? and how was it handled?

Never and I highly doubt his wallet was stolen. Cash inside a wallet maybe but the whole wallet? Never. Obviously he lost his wallet.

I wonder if it was the guy who fixes the lamps? He's kinda shady I hear.
For being a host, shady I hear is heresay! Mick, the grandmother or someone else, requested a lamp to be fixed pronto. You don't request service then appear nude, when the repairperson responds to the complaint. Cheap shot at Disney service. Metrowon

For being a host, shady I hear is heresay! Mick, the grandmother or someone else, requested a lamp to be fixed pronto. You don't request service then appear nude, when the repairperson responds to the complaint. Cheap shot at Disney service. Metrowon

I should leave the comedy to the professionals. And yes, I still have my day job.

I would doubt that the room steward would steal anyone's wallet since they are paid mostly on tips why would they risk there tips and their job for someone's wallet...Many times the room doors are left open while they are cleaning I bet someone walking by stole the wallet. ...

Archived