what do you guys think of Norweigen majesty?

momofmeg

OK but if you laugh, I'm not posting anymore ;)

Regal Empress-Imperial Majesty Line (when you only have one ship why make the lines name different that the ships name).

We're going to be in Florida anyway and this "cruise" for 2 cost us only $118 ($59 each), people say the service and food are good and we actually enjoy Nassau, so I figured "why not". I saw some pictures of the ship docked next to an RCCL ship, the Empress looks like a tender for the other ship LOL

We're not laughing at you, we're laughing with you:D . Seriously, have a great time!:)

Regal Empress-Imperial Majesty Line (when you only have one ship why make the lines name different that the ships name).

We're going to be in Florida anyway and this "cruise" for 2 cost us only $118 ($59 each), people say the service and food are good and we actually enjoy Nassau, so I figured "why not". I saw some pictures of the ship docked next to an RCCL ship, the Empress looks like a tender for the other ship LOL

I'm not laughing... Any cruise is okay in my book. You'll have to take pics and let us know how you like it. Great price too.

(See, we didn't laugh at you) :D

Actually, my next cruise will be on my 29ft Power Boat on the Potomac River and I'll probably burn as much in gas as you are spending on your cruise fare.:eek: So I'm in no position to laugh!

I love St George- did Zenith last summer -- the entrance is amazing. But we absolutely hated the Zenith. Is the Majesty as dumpy? If so, we'll pass-- even though we desparately love cruising from Baltimore.

funny thing was I enjoyed my Zenith cruise-even if it was an old ship we had such great service etc. that I found it much better then the RCI Mariner of the Seas cruise we took four months earlier.

I like small ships, as I hate crowds, so if I have cracked tiles in my bathroom it is no big deal.

I'm thinking I need to sail some of these smaller older ships before they all leave the fleet! Although not smaller, we were making plans for the Norway and were about to book when I heard about the explosion. I really regret not sailing that ship b4 she was knocked out of commission!

We are sailing this summer on a little 2 night getaway to the Bahamas on a really small-old ship with another cruise line which I won't mention because you would all laugh and point at me ;)

-Monte

Monte, hubby said he would consider Easycruise if it went to an island where he wanted to scuba dive at-so I am not laughing! Also, the first time we went on a "cruise ship" we went on Sea Escape because that is what we could afford and it took us 9 more years to take a real cruise!

I always say that old line "you get what you pay for" does not have to be considered negative, as long as I get my money's worth I don't care. I can still have a good time-I just expect less! what does bother me is when I pay too much and don't get my money's worth!

I found yesterday that the Majesty will be doing a few cruises to Bermuda from Charleston in late spring/early summer of 08. We loved Bermuda and want to go back and as we live in the south, we find it very appealing to take a cruise from Charleston, no flying!

I know the ship is old but I have been on old ships before, Carnival Tropicale, Pacific Princess (the Love Boat one-not the one now), and Celebrity Zenith. I enjoyed these cruises and was not bothered that the ships were old.

I have heard bad things about the Majesty-so I figured I would ask here, since the other old ships did not bother me-do you think I will be happy with the Majesty or should I fly into NY and take another ship?

Also I haven't cruised on NCL before and I was wondering since this is an older, smaller ship, does it have Traditionial dinning or personal choice dinning? thanks.

We sailed on the Majesty in May 2005 with our kids who were then 11 and 13 and had a great time. She definitely shows her age, but as stated, the crew was just wonderful. The arcade was a joke, but my son (11) spent almost all of his time in the pool, and my daughter just enjoyed being able to explore the ship, and drink strawberry daiquiris (virgins, of course :p ). We had a superior inside cabin for the four of us, and the size was adequate - 145 sf. It actually was roomier than I had anticipated. We sailed from Boston, which is ideal for us, and you are right, a 2 day drive would make for a long trip. We thought the food was great, but the couple we were traveling with were not as impressed. We only had to wait for dinner once, and that was on Captain's Night. Bermuda, in my opinion, is the perfect destination and worth sailing on a smaller, older ship to get there.

On a final note, as you can see from below, we are going back to Bermuda, on the Majesty, in less than two months (I'm so excited, I'm driving myself crazy:D ). We actually decided on a return visit as the ship was pulling away from the dock in St. George.

The Majesty was hubby's and my first cruise in November 05. The fact that it was an older, smaller ship made no real difference to us, in fact, it was quieter and more intimate, and we sailed during Thanksgiving week! There were people griping about "nothing to do", but "nothing" was basking in the sun, sitting at the table or bar with a drink, people watching, strolling on the pool deck, etc. Every step of the way, the crew, the excursions, and our fellow passengers were fantastic. The only time we had to wait for dinner was on formal night, so we just checked in, walked around, and then came back and waited.

I'm hearing good things about the Bermuda sails. It helps that we're 4 hours from Charleston. Maybe we'll have to do the Charleston to Bermuda sailing.

Enjoy!

Archived