Luggage Storage & US Direct Questions

sarvis

I posted these questions on the West Coast Ports board. Afterward, I thought I would probably get a quicker response on the Alaska board.

Our flight home after our cruise is not until 4:00. We would like to spend a few hours in downtown Vancouver, but need a place to store our luggage. We are diembarking at Ballentyne Pier, which does not doe short term luggage storage like Canada Place does. Would we be able to store our luggage at Canada Place eventhough we are not disembarking there?

Also, does anyone know if at the end of a cruise we could use US Direct to send our luggage to the airport, while we stay downtown for a few hours? Do you have to board the bus immediately or could we take a taxi later?

Thank you, I really appreciate all the assistance I have gotten from the people at CC.

sarvis

No you can not use US Direct, you and your bags have to go "direct" to the airport. Once you step foot in Canada outside the contained area, you can not use it. The whole reason of the "direct". And yes, just take a cab to Canada Place and store your bags. They have no idea, nor care how you get there.

Also, does anyone know if at the end of a cruise we could use US Direct to send our luggage to the airport, while we stay downtown for a few hours? Do you have to board the bus immediately or could we take a taxi later?

2 years ago - this was possible (sort of).

I have friends who did this (toured around) while we went direct to the airport. We all picked up our boarding passes on the ship and our luggage was taken care of - we put it out the night before.

We took the bus and supposedly bypassed customs (long story here). Our friends went with other friends and toured for the day. When they returned to the airport - they had to go through customs but it wasn't a big deal as they had their boarding passes already and the luggage was taken care of but they did have to go through customs.

So it may be possible to have your luggage taken care of and getting your boarding pass but you still have to go through customs.

Archived