Mt. McKinley Flight tour at Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge

picruiser

We're going on a cruise tour with Princess in late June, and already the flight tours are all booked to Mt. McKinley. I've been looking online at Talkeetna Aero Services and Talkeetna air taxi. Are these operators accessible from Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge? Also, is it sometimes possible to just wait until we get to the lodge and tours might magically reappear? Thanks:(

There are only a limited number of Princess contracted flights, the planes hold- maybe 9 passengers, some less. So I doubt more flights are going to "magically" appear for you.

You are 50 miles away from Talkeetna, where all the flights are from. I suggest, you not make the trip back and forth too many times. Best would be to stay in Talkeetna after arrival, or come back to Talkeetna early if you are on the train. What does your itinerary say??? Easy to book direct once you figure out your timeframe. Princess runs shuttles for a fee back and forth to Talkeetna.

OK BQ,

We arrive in Talkeetna @ 11 AM enroute to MPL. I'm trying to figure out how to fit in a tour at Talkeetna and enjoy the town for a while.

I'm hoping that what you're saying is that we won't have any trouble getting to McKinley Princess Lodge if we stay in Talkeetna for a flightseeing tour? ( I hope so)

I've looked at the schedules until I can't see them anymore and can't figure them out! :confused:

Thanks in advance.

I'll assume you are arriving on the 11:05am train??? Princess runs shuttles most of the day back and forth. So you can stay in town and go to the lodge later. Verify this directly and there may be a fee??

Thank you so much! My mind can rest now.... Yes, we arrive on the 11:05 train. Have you any idea how late the shuttles run back and forth to McKinley Princess?

I really appreciate your help.

I received an email from Talkeetna Aero and was told that they do have summit flights available and their airport is only 15 minutes from Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge. Are they reputable? Has anyone used this company before? Looks like we might go with them! Thanks. :D

I received an email from Talkeetna Aero and was told that they do have summit flights available and their airport is only 15 minutes from Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge. Are they reputable? Has anyone used this company before? Looks like we might go with them! Thanks. :D

This is their Denali Park office, yes highly recommended, I have gone with them several times. :)

Thanks, Budget Queen. I called and spoke to them direct, and they are able to work with our schedule...I'm excited. They say we do need O2 masks tho. Still sounds great!!

Yes, you do wear O2 masks. No problem, hopefully Eric, the owner will fly you. I always enjoy flying with him and request him every time. :)

Archived