Traditional Dining Meals

mhugcat

Hi

I will be on Emerald Princess in November and have 1st seating for Traditional dining.

Can anyone tell me what time this will be and also whether the meals are ready plated or if your table waiter will bring the veggies. If they are ready plated can you alter your meal, say.. more carrots and potato less peas etc etc

Also have heard that there are benches are these comfy.

Thanks in an advance.

Be pleasant to your server and you will be surprised at how accomodating they can be. We had a tablemate catch cold and they doted over her, bringing her tea and lemon, more soup, exchanging items that 'tasted funny' to her (because of her cold). You will be surprised at how far a warm smile and courtesy will take you with the crew.

Every dining room we've been in has had traditional chairs. Haven't been on the Emerald, so can't say for sure. On Carnival, they had the one side bench across from two chairs, so that might be the set up on the Emerald.

Charlie

I agree with Spikesgirl - if you ask nicely, they'll get you anything they can. You can always ask for extra this or that. I once asked for honey mustard salad dressing. The waiter said he wasn't sure they had that but that he'd ask. He was gone for a bit of time and came back with some. He told me that they didn't have any, but that they'd made it specially for me. It was really good!

The one thing I've never been able to get them to do is to make the corned beef hash really crispy. Can't have everything, I suppose.

Hi

Can anyone tell me what time this will be and also whether the meals are ready plated or if your table waiter will bring the veggies. If they are ready plated can you alter your meal, say.. more carrots and potato less peas etc etc

Just ask for your preferred deviations. I always say no potato/rice, no carrots/peas/stringbeans; and then ask for broccoli or spinach. They always have broccoli. Wait staff is used to meals being altered. Just add a little something extra to your waiter to show your appreciation. :)

Archived