Traveling to Galveston this weekend.....

What a mess! Wouldn't affect me if I was going to Galveston though since I hit I-45 further south at Hwy 6. hehe. It would affect me however if I was going to do some of my regular shopping in the I-45/Nasa Rd One area. That area is a mess without construction going on! :p :rolleyes:

I'm not very good at alternate routes :o but I guess one could take the toll road from I-45 to Hwy 35 and go south to Hwy 6 and take that back to I-45. Not really sure that would save any time. It would add several miles and tons of traffic lights. I guess it would depend on how backed up I-45 gets at the construction.

Good luck to those trying to get to a cruise this weekend and next. :cool:

Thats minor compared to what I went thru coming back from Galveston 2 weeks ago tomorrow!!! They have scheduled Galveston Causeway closures and I hit #7 of 15 I think are scheduled. I hit the bridge (after waking at 6 am for self embarkation) at a few minutes after 8 a.m. ....just after they closed the bridge, I was #10 in line. The bridge didnt open again until after 10 a.m., 2 hours later.

Lots of folks almost missed flights from our CC group complaining about being stuck in traffic for 45 minutes. I didnt say anything, but I was there for 2 hours...apparantly they just thought it was a traffic jam and didnt realize they hit the end of the bridge closure.

Archived