Wyndam Cable Beach Information

2bboatgal

• 4 weeks later...

I answered my own question, so I thought I would share. Below are pictures from trip advisor. Plus I read that there is a smaller straw market across the street and a really good fresh daquiri stand. Seems like a possible spot for me!!!

wyndham-nassau-resort.jpg

wyndham-nassau-resort.jpg

Sorry I don't have my pics on my computer yet,but The Wyndham was amazing.One of the highlights of our trip and one of the prettiest pools/beaches we have ever seen.It was not Coward at all when we were there in May.There are three different shapes pools,one has a water slide and water fall the other one had a cool shape, and we did not see the third one.They offer floats,towels,sunblock,chairs on the beach and by the pool. The water was a little cool, but we did not mind.Plus it was on the cooler side when we visited.The beach was not packed at all when we went and the pool only had about 10 people in it too.We had no problem getting floats either.Drinks were expensive in my opinion though, but they give you a huge cup to take home.Kinda like the alien ones at carnivals if you know what I am taking about.A fellow cruiser when to the beach at Paradise island the same day and said there were huge waves and the could not enjoy the beach.If she wanted chairs they had to pay for them too.The beach water was extremely pretty and pretty warm temp too.No big waves and it was very clean.They also have water sports for an extra price and t-shirts/hand bags etc (small pricey strw market type). They were not to pushy with us when we said no to any extras.The water sports are not though the hotel.Don't count on the sunblock either.We seen it where you get towels,but I think someone probably left it behind.For 15.00pp Wyndham at Cable beach has my vote.We hope to go back soon.It is so nice to go back and forth from the beach to the pool and just relax.I wish Bermuda offered the day passes too.

FYI-Wyndam and Nassau Beach Hotel are sister properties. I read you can use both facilities if you pay the $15 fee. Below are some pictures I found of the beach and facilities-it seems the beach is better at NBH because it isn't a lagoon, but the Wyndam has better pool facilities. I think we will try and do both!!!

cb-pi5.jpg

pool_overshot.jpg

Have a great time!!! How could you not? LOL

Lisa

Do you need to reserve the Wyndham day pass in advance? How does the resport compare to the Hilton in town & what would the cab fare be for two to get there? Are there Vans or just the public bus? Do you need to pay in local currency? Thanks for the info-- Our ship will be tere for a short time so we are weighing these two options The Wyndham looks so nice (we are pool people) but for the short time maybe the Hltsion would be a better choice...

From my research I've learned that the Hilton is a much quieter spot, closer to the cruise ships. (walking distance) The pool is on the small side. It is the same price ($15.00) as Wyndham. Nice small beach, relaxed atmosphere, not many kids.

Wyndham has 3 pools, one with a slide. A more boisterous atmosphere....water sports available for an extra charge.

Just depends on what you are looking for. You don't need reservations at either place.

I am considering paying the $15 per day fee for one of these hotels. Should I check out towels from the ship, or are beach towels included with the day pass? Does this differ for the Wyndham vs. the BC Hilton? It might be nice not to have to carry towels around the island -- especially wet sandy towels at the end of the day...

Thanks in advance!

Hey everybody. This may have already been answered, but I couldn't find it on a search. Does this hotel have restrooms/changing areas for use by people who are purchasing the day pass only? We are thinking about doing this for our upcoming July trip. Thanks!

I was wondering the same thing.

Also, with 3 ships in port that day, would it be a problem going to the BCH since it's smaller, right now that is our choice.

I'm assuming not a lot of people know about this or would choose a smaller beach for the day if they haven't been to Nassau before.

we went there in may... it was ok... pictures are decieving... the beach was so cut up that it was hard to find a place to go into the water... we didn.t pay the 15$... just stayed in the water... didn;t see we didn;t have a wrist band... (green) they don;t get that close to see your wrist... i would not go there again ... we would go to the beach next to the hil ton colonial, its free looked nice you can walk there... then take the water ferry to atlantis, it has really changed... lots of shops , we even got into the beach area after 4;00. free or the beach next to atlantis... :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I've looked at the websites for the Wyndam and Hilton, but can't find

the specific information that you get a "day pass" for $15. Can someone help me find this info; particularly for the Hilton.

I'd hate to get there in the heat of August and be turned away.

Thanks in advance.

I've looked at the websites for the Wyndam and Hilton, but can't find

the specific information that you get a "day pass" for $15. Can someone help me find this info; particularly for the Hilton.

I'd hate to get there in the heat of August and be turned away.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know about the Hilton...but I called Wyndham and asked about the day passes. The lady told me that they are $15 and you just buy them when you arrive...should not be a problem getting them. You have to pay with cash though.

I don't know about the Hilton...but I called Wyndham and asked about the day passes. The lady told me that they are $15 and you just buy them when you arrive...should not be a problem getting them. You have to pay with cash though.

Same holds true for the Hilton, they don't advertise because they are a small quiet property and don't want to be overwhelmed by cruisers and kids.

I'm sure they would turn away people if there was a huge influx of people. They pride themselves on the intimate space and quiet nature.

Might someone tell me how much a taxi might be to the Wyndam? we are 5 adults, 1 teen and 1 child? Thanks very much.

The base taxi fare is $12 for the first 2 ppl, then $3 for each add'l person.

That should be about $27 for the 7 of you. You should be able to get a van at the port dock without a problem. (don't forget a tip).

Of course, you could always take the jitney for just $1 pp. Leaves from nearby George Street and drops you across the street from the Wyndham entrance. The #10 jitney runs every few mins. from downtown to Cable Beach and back. Never more that a 5 min wait.

What are the hours for a day pass ?

My ship is there all day 8am to 5am (next day) ... so I was thinking maybe I can hit the beach at 9am to 1pm -- go back to the ship for lunch and come back to the beach around 3pm and chill at the pool till late 7pmish

Archived