Non-Formal Night

Metalleg

Are jeans (long) allaowed in the dining room on nights other than the formal night, or do you need slacks like a kaki's??

Thanks in Advance

Troy

There are very few people that wear jeans for dinner, most wear nice slacks with a dress shirt or a polo shirt.

Fred

Jacket and tie will be fine for a Gentleman.

Jacket and ties are only required on Formal evenings.

OP, there is nothing in the "required" dress code that states jeans are not allowed on non formal evening.

I would not wear them and see few that do but you shouldn't get asked to leave for wearing them.

Just wear what you would wear to a very nice restaurant.

Plus, you will be in the Caribbean in june, way to hot for jeans.

Jacket and tie will be fine for a Gentleman.

NOT needed on non-formal nights, which the OP is asking about.

And what I was talking about. I maintain that a Gentleman would wear jacket and tie.

Construct your own syllogism if you wish.

Matthew

Not the case on our last few Carnival cruises. WE don't wear jeans, but have noticed many people doing so.

Its hit and miss, on my last few cruises I have only seen 1 person wearing jeans. The majority for what I have seen has been dress pants.

Fred

Thanks most everyone for your help, it is appreciated.

Lynyrd,

Thanks for your help I really needed that information. I don't know what I would have done if you didn't take the time to not answer the question, and instead relay that important info my way

I'm not a gentleman! So I guess the only thing thats fit for me would be a buffet. BTW I wouldn't wear jeans (to hot) ,but, I fail to see why, other people care WHAT I'M WEARING. Formal night is different... formal wear is expected.. like a costume is expected at a costume party.

Tom

And what I was talking about. I maintain that a Gentleman would wear jacket and tie.

Matthew

And I respectfully disagree. My husband and my sons are all gentlemen, but wear dockers and golf shirts on CASUAL nights. They all wear suits on formal nights. We are talking about Carnival, not Cunard. Carnival neither requests nor requires men to wear jackets and ties on casual nights.

I think life is to short and there are so many more important things in life to worry about....as to weather or not some one goes to the dining room in jeans. Who cares, live and let live. If seeing someone in jeans upsets you, heaven forbid any major things happen in your life.

I have seen many men and women in jeans with a nice crisp shirt or blouse on and they look clean and neat. Maybe they are filthy rich, but not interested in acting like they are. After all, they had the money to get on the ship, let people dress the way they are comfortable.

The clothes DON'T make the gentlemen. I plan on dressing-"up" (my theory is better to be over dress than under dressed), but do I care, or rather, would I be offended by someone wearing jeans? NO! I agree with the comment above, there are way too many more important (and more FUN!)things to worry about!:) Have a lovely weekend everyone!

Its hit and miss, on my last few cruises I have only seen 1 person wearing jeans. The majority for what I have seen has been dress pants.

Fred

Same with our last cruise, the whole week, i only i saw 1 women wear a pair of jeans in the dining room, out table was right by the door so we couldn't help but notice what people were wearing.

Matthew

Well Mr. Kindly Chap from Lie Chester Shire in Merry Olde Englande, you should know that that was one of the reasons for the American Revolution. :-) To live clothing free or die !!!! At least that's what it says on the license plates from the People's Republic of Vermont.

If you choose to wear a jacket and tie to dinner on non-formal nights that is fine, but don't be surprised if someone mistakes you for a waiter .

BnB

"We've got nothing to hide"

I'm not a gentleman! So I guess the only thing thats fit for me would be a buffet. BTW I wouldn't wear jeans (to hot) ,but, I fail to see why, other people care WHAT I'M WEARING. Formal night is different... formal wear is expected.. like a costume is expected at a costume party.

Tom

Frankly, on Caribbean cruises, and cruises to the Med in the summer, when the temps approach 100 degrees F. (don't even mention what it is in Celsius, it's far worse), we've seen virtually no one in jeans.

However on cruises to Alaska and New England, we've seen plenty of Levi's.

Must be the weather.

BnB

This board, forums and threads are like a book. If you open the pages and research you will learn many things. It is a tool. I didn't even make a post for weeks after coming on CC. I learned alot. The most important thing I learnd is to research. If I could not find the answer....then I asked (posted a thread) the question.

If anyone ever needs to know the answer on cruiseline rules the best place to go is on "their" website......

Archived