P/E ltd. internet perk....strings?

OuiOnboard

We seven day cruised on Golden ACA to SFO disembarking April 12. We used the internet but did not buy a package. We used less than our individual $75 credits and and all our internet charges were credited back to our accounts.

This cruise was supposedly under the new P/E limited internet program.

Is it now true that one must buy a pkg. in order to take advantage of the program, even if one has no intention of using up the total minutes purchased (unused minutes being non-refundable). If so, how is this different from the "buy 4 pictures and get one free" type promotions?

If so, we think the option to 'pay as you go' should have been continued, if only for the sake of those who only want to use a few minutes under the program.

Ok, please bear with me as I am a bit blonde and therefore easily confused...:p

Are you referring to the "free internet" perk offered to Platinum members? I used it last summer on the Crown and I don't remember any time constraints. Is it limited now? Do tell!

We were on the Dawn when you were on the Golden, and we had to click on the $100 dollar package for 250 minutes when signing on for the first time. This $100 was credited back to us immediately, giving us the Platinum allowed 250 minutes at no charge for the cruise. We had just enough for the eleven day cruise, and I ended up with 6 minutes left, and my DH used all of his. I believe that if you are in a suite, you still have unlimited internet at no charge. We were in a mini suite, and just had the allotted Platinum time.

We were on the Dawn when you were on the Golden, and we had to click on the $100 dollar package for 250 minutes when signing on for the first time. This $100 was credited back to us immediately, giving us the Platinum allowed 250 minutes at no charge for the cruise. We had just enough for the eleven day cruise, and I ended up with 6 minutes left, and my DH used all of his. I believe that if you are in a suite, you still have unlimited internet at no charge. We were in a mini suite, and just had the allotted Platinum time.

Thanks Drmr for clearing that up for us. Guess they were in a transitional phase with regard to the program on our Golden cruise. :)

Thanks Drmr for clearing that up for us. Guess they were in a transitional phase with regard to the program on our Golden cruise. :)

We were on that Golden cruise as well, all the way from Buenos Aires. There had been so many complaints about the internet, and so many people were on board who had 23 day bookings from Valparaiso to San Francisco that they decided, finally and after much back and forth, to extend the 'old' program until the end of that cruise on April 12.

When the signs first went up about the new program starting on the 1st of April, we were told that the new progam would be effective on the 1st. Then we were told a bit later that that it would be effective on the next cruise you took after the 1st, which for some of us on board was the cruise starting in Acapulco, but for others, the one starting after San Francisco, because of the 23 day bookings. Finally, they just gave up and kept the old program on until San Francisco.

Archived