Sun on Destiny wraparounds?

Janespup

I am looking into a Spring booking on the Destiny and would like to get a wraparound balcony. From what I have seen in pictures posted here, though,they seem to be quite shady. Has anyone been in these cabins and been able to get good sun during the day? Thanks.

Jane

You'll love this cruise!!! It all depends on the the direction of the ship vs. the sun and the weather report, of course :) There will be some hours of sun on your balcony, but it will still be hard to lay out there still because your obstructed with the railing lines, etc.

Thank you so much for posting and for the great pictures of the ports, etc! I figured there had to be some time of day, or direction of the ship, when the balcony became sunny but had to make sure. Thanks again.

Jane

I did have cabin 8333 which is on the top. What I found was there was always a part of the balcony that was in shade and some was in the sun. But if you are looking to lay out and get some sun. I'm not sure how much you will really get.

We really enjoy that room and the balcony....:D

We had 8328, we traveled in july, it was so HOT out on the balcony on most days, you could not use it, the part that wrapped around to the side of the ship had some shade so we would all hang out around the corner.

Remember deck 8 has less of an over hang than deck 7 & 6, which contributed to the problem.

We would asl have to keep the curtains closed all day to cut down on some of the heat in the cabin.

Maybe we made a good choice then, if 8 is sunnier and 6 is shadier... we are on an aft Deck 8 in June sailing out of NY on the Victory, and wraparound Deck 6 on the Destiny from San Juan in early September. ;)

Archived