Crown Question

terri1020

Sailing on Crown Princess 10/20/07. Is there an open dining room (no buffet) open for breakfast and/or lunch, or is it all buffet? I'm sure this question has been answered but I must admit, I'm too lazy to scan back and check!

Thanks,

Terri

Thanks everyone! We try to eat in a dining room for breakfast and lunch to cut down on those pesky temtations at the buffet! And, heaven forbid we miss an entire meal! Why is it that at home missing a breakfast or lunch is no big deal but on a cruise ship they are planned for and anticipated?

• 2 weeks later...

We're sailing with Terri1020 and some other friends and I have a similar question.......

When we sailed last year on the NCL Dawn, as we boarded we were all directed to the buffet for lunch, but thanks to the good people here on CC we knew that the dining room was open for lunch on embarkation day. We had a wonderful relaxing lunch in a nearly empty dining room, while everyone else was fighting crowds in the buffet.

Does Princess have a dining room open on embarkation day as well? It's just such a relaxing way to start your cruise, and I really would love to know if this is also one of those Princess secrets!

Yes Princess Cruise Lines, Ltd. used to have sumptuous delightful meals when boarding the crafts in the dining halls.

Now as most lines with (Better foods) cut costs by doing the ..(____ Line) lets say Lido Lines __++====.:mad:

I remember we used to get the Surf and Turf , Prime Meats, Fresh Fish etc and preparation/presentation was well done too.:D :cool:

Yes we do so enjoy dining in the Dining Rooms (was Halls) for supper, dinner, lunch, afternoon High Tea, and breakfast. :cool:

A Personal Choice.

We're sailing with Terri1020 and some other friends and I have a similar question.......

When we sailed last year on the NCL Dawn, as we boarded we were all directed to the buffet for lunch, but thanks to the good people here on CC we knew that the dining room was open for lunch on embarkation day. We had a wonderful relaxing lunch in a nearly empty dining room, while everyone else was fighting crowds in the buffet.

Does Princess have a dining room open on embarkation day as well? It's just such a relaxing way to start your cruise, and I really would love to know if this is also one of those Princess secrets!

At least Princess still offers lunch in the dining room on port days. Royal Caribbean dining rooms are closed for lunch on port days which is a shame. Many folks who don't go ashore or who prefer to dine onboard like the option of a relaxed meal in the comfort of the dining room. Hooray for Princess!

Yes with RCL:NYSE that is such ..well not so nice a method.. well they do try to make you then go to the Pay for your Meals area too...

If you ever aboard just go to there Hamburger Grill and you shall see meat patties standing on there edge vertically in grease floating ((ever see a Grease Life Patty?)). Ask the staff member to make you even one.. there always response.. well sorry we cant do that but there is ____ up stairs where you can have a freshly made one...:mad: :mad:

Talk about Switch and Bait.... and we are not even fishing....

Yes we like cruising a lot now after seeing most Ports of Call a few times, .. for the Ship, Crew, Food and entertainment, quality and recreation/relaxation...;)

At least Princess still offers lunch in the dining room on port days. Royal Caribbean dining rooms are closed for lunch on port days which is a shame. Many folks who don't go ashore or who prefer to dine onboard like the option of a relaxed meal in the comfort of the dining room. Hooray for Princess!

Archived