Credit for not using dining room

Lady pax was kind of arguing she wanted to remove tips for her whole family, as they only ATE in the Lido, so they NEVER had a waiter..She was reminded about the persons that cleaned up, removed, filled ,cooked..and she still didnt understand, as she didnt do the Formal thing..just the casual dining..with no regular waitstaff , and what Lido personnel does, is THEIR job !!!..I was in a hairs breadth in cutting in, as she walked, rather stalked away!!! IMHO, if you cant afford the tips, you cant afford to cruise.

There is a separate line item on the tips for food and beverage service personel. This tip is for the Buffet line workers, cooks, busboys, grill people etc. The DR tip is for the dining room.

Come to think of it, next time I drive by my favorite restaurant I am going to go in and drop off a tip even though I didn't eat there.

BTW Before I get called cheap, I tipped every person that brought me a soda $1 each drink (Probably 50 - 70 cokes) and $5 to my busboy each meal on Lido.

Yes, you get $10 a day per person back if you don't eat in the dining room. Another $3 per person, per day if you never use the gym, $4 per person per day for each kid under 16 that doesn't use Camp Carnival, and $2.50 pp/pd if you do not use the pool. Best of all, if you bring a suitcase full of food and never eat at ANY of the free dining facilities (including the Lido and the pizza and grills), you will get fully 25% of your fare back in on-board credit.

Also, don't forget that if you bring your crock pot and actually make food for the dining room to serve, Carnival will pay you.

I sailed with a person who packed their own TP because they were HIGHLY allergic to all TP except this one brand. It doesn't seem so crazy when you think of it that way! I wouldn't want to walk around with a diaper rash all week on my vacation, either. ;)

oh, yes it does, LOL! but on a serious note, allergys didn't even factor into these threads from what i can recall.

I say on the money I "Stiff" the staff for (especially the bars) I could take another cruise.....:p

Who cares...if you "stiff" them...you might not ever see them again.....Then again you might.....

I hate it when someone spits on my steak......LOL;)

Geeeze....more of the same poo.....cheap people on cruises who figure they can get away with not tipping by eating buffet.....

of course they have the servers at the buffet, the people who clean up,

and I doubt that they casually clean their own cabins huh??

I have seen all sorts of justifications here...."single mom"...."we don't eat in the dining room"...."removed tips for kids and then tipped Camp Carnival workers INSTEAD".....all justifications....and all flimsy...and cheap excuses

that really make NO sense

So if I also gave up movies, shows, demonstrations, games,.... I could get it down to where I could sail for free.....:D

JUst come see me. I have a Barge and you could use a tent as a cabin. I will even throw in a fishing pole so you could catch a free seafood dinner..LOL;)

I sailed with a person who packed their own TP because they were HIGHLY allergic to all TP except this one brand. It doesn't seem so crazy when you think of it that way! I wouldn't want to walk around with a diaper rash all week on my vacation, either. ;)

Now thats a sensitive A@3:p

Geeeze....more of the same poo.....cheap people on cruises who figure they can get away with not tipping by eating buffet.....

of course they have the servers at the buffet, the people who clean up,

and I doubt that they casually clean their own cabins huh??

I have seen all sorts of justifications here...."single mom"...."we don't eat in the dining room"...."removed tips for kids and then tipped Camp Carnival workers INSTEAD".....all justifications....and all flimsy...and cheap excuses

that really make NO sense

You do get that we are joking right? My sense of humor is a tad sarcastic ya know?? :rolleyes:

I havent bothered to read the questions/threads on if you can fish from your balcony or fly a kite and a lot of those. I might be missing out.

Frankly, I plan on bringing my roller blades so I can whip in and out of the walkers and jazzi's on their way to the buffet.

Yes, you get $10 a day per person back if you don't eat in the dining room. Another $3 per person, per day if you never use the gym, $4 per person per day for each kid under 16 that doesn't use Camp Carnival, and $2.50 pp/pd if you do not use the pool. Best of all, if you bring a suitcase full of food and never eat at ANY of the free dining facilities (including the Lido and the pizza and grills), you will get fully 25% of your fare back in on-board credit.

I got a refund of $17.50 for never flushing the toilet. :eek:

I am sure (at least hope) that this was meant as a joke, but honestly - why joke when people are asking questions that they are serious about knowing the answer about? I don't want to start anything, but I am new to this board and planning my first trip. A lot of people from another board recommended coming here - but I see people's posts and questions ridiculed constantly on here. I hope this will be the source of information that so many past users claim this place to be. Sure - jokes are great, but as the VERY first response to a serious question - I don't think it is appropriate. Go ahead and flame me, but this is the perspective of a cruise critic newbie, but someone who has spent quite a bit of time on other forums.

Oh! do not laugh! I kid you not...there have actually been threads on here asking about the quality of the TP on board. Those threads have lead to responses from some who stated that they actually do pack their own TP!!!!:D :D :D

Not kidding...

Thats funny. I would have never thought to pack TP. Hummm

I'd pack Charmin how about you?

I am sure (at least hope) that this was meant as a joke, but honestly - why joke when people are asking questions that they are serious about knowing the answer about? I don't want to start anything, but I am new to this board and planning my first trip. A lot of people from another board recommended coming here - but I see people's posts and questions ridiculed constantly on here. I hope this will be the source of information that so many past users claim this place to be. Sure - jokes are great, but as the VERY first response to a serious question - I don't think it is appropriate. Go ahead and flame me, but this is the perspective of a cruise critic newbie, but someone who has spent quite a bit of time on other forums.

This is a fun thread! We are having fun! We sometimes do that not everything is serious all the time:rolleyes: I see you just got here. Relaxe there is a lot of great info here, but we have fun too. If you read all the cruise line boards, you will see we are an informative and FUN board:D

I am sure (at least hope) that this was meant as a joke, but honestly - why joke when people are asking questions that they are serious about knowing the answer about? .

Adi, you will get to know the people on this board, soon you will know who's the jokers, who's the agrumentives (is that even a word?) and who just wants to help, i won't even mention what some of the others are doing;)

relax and have fun:)

Sorry, I couldn't resist after reading the OP, but come ON already. A "refund" for skipping the dining room? The point of my post was that there are a LOT of things on the ship that you INHERENTLY "pay for", whether you use them or not.

If you want a truly "a la carte" cruise, suggest you go look at easyCruise. On easyCruise, your fare includes... a boat ride. Want food? Pay for it. Want someone to clean your cabin? That's £5.

We are well traveled, well read, insightful, helpful, knowledgeable, and yes sometimes even smart a**s..a few are sharp, and tend to stir certain pots as we are anonymous on line and will never be known. Those we tend to think are the dumb a**s. Most of us have worked or are still working hard to "Pay to play". If we didnt wish to be helpful, we would be watching football, or the like. some think we are running a popularity contest, but frankly, I gave that up in the 12th grade, grew up and got my own life. I, as well as many many long time and recent posters want to be positive, informative and respected in our views of what we post. We get our "wave feathers" ruffeled but rise above negativity. I personally want to inform to the best of my ability, as does any one else. I think I stand for most of us that we are great at what we provide, and to all of us it is free info that you can click on 24/7, dont have to go to the book store, library, or bug a travel agent. Sure we joke, advise and yes...even get annoyed at repeated q's..but I've never seen anyones Q go totally unanswered. My best to all who post here oldies, and newbies. Thank you for sharing your expierences. I'm off to alaska this a.m. so i'll be missing all of you til May 10th.....keep the fires buring.....Lucky cruzer (hi Mobile Jimmy, and thanks again)

[quote name='rgreenpc']My question would be... how do they KNOW you wern't there (since we are playing the hypothetical game)

You only sign something if you order something from the bar person...[/quote]

Silly. It's the RFID tag in your S&S card, they know where you are all the time!

There was a thread on here a while back from someone who actually believed they somehow "flagged" their S&S card and monitored them throughout the ship :confused:

[quote name='ParrotRob']Sorry, I couldn't resist after reading the OP, but come ON already. A "refund" for skipping the dining room? The point of my post was that there are a LOT of things on the ship that you INHERENTLY "pay for", whether you use them or not.

If you want a truly "a la carte" cruise, suggest you go look at easyCruise. On easyCruise, your fare includes... a boat ride. Want food? Pay for it. Want someone to clean your cabin? That's £5.[/quote]

Just because you did not use the dining room, you still ate somewhere, so in reality, you do not need a refund. If you went on a starvation diet while on board and did not eat anything at any time, nor drank anything at anytime,then you might have a issue. but you can not go the length of a cruise without eating somewhere.

[quote name='ParrotRob']Yes, you get $10 a day per person back if you don't eat in the dining room. Another $3 per person, per day if you never use the gym, $4 per person per day for each kid under 16 that doesn't use Camp Carnival, and $2.50 pp/pd if you do not use the pool. Best of all, if you bring a suitcase full of food and never eat at ANY of the free dining facilities (including the Lido and the pizza and grills), you will get fully 25% of your fare back in on-board credit.[/QUOTE]

How much of a discount do you get if you frequently gamble and always lose? LOL

[quote name='truecruiser']Oh! do not laugh! I kid you not...there have actually been threads on here asking about the quality of the TP on board. Those threads have lead to responses from some who stated that they actually do pack their own TP!!!!:D :D :D
Not kidding...[/quote]

What's wrong with packing my own TP? I have a brand that I like and prefer to stick with it (no pun intended). Only those of us with a sensitive tushy can appreciate not having to wipe with 80 grit.

[quote name='livtojump']What's wrong with packing my own TP? I have a brand that I like and prefer to stick with it (no pun intended). Only those of us with a sensitive tushy can appreciate [B][U][I]not having to wipe with 80 grit[/I][/U][/B].[/quote]

I'll give ya this Jumper, that WAS a good one..........:D :D :D

[quote name='Adi12982']
[COLOR=black]I am sure (at least hope) that this was meant as a joke, but honestly - why joke when people are asking questions that they are serious about knowing the answer about? I don't want to start anything, but I am new to this board and planning my first trip. A lot of people from another board recommended coming here - but I see people's posts and questions ridiculed constantly on here. I hope this will be the source of information that so many past users claim this place to be. Sure - jokes are great, but as the VERY first response to a serious question - I don't think it is appropriate. Go ahead and flame me, but this is the perspective of a cruise critic newbie, but someone who has spent quite a bit of time on other forums.[/COLOR][/quote]

For the most part, it's all in good fun. 95% of the people here don't mean any harm. The downfall to this is that it's hard to read the "tone" of someone's message over the internet.

Archived