Help, my cruise went down $500 per person..can I do anything to get a price adj?

errie6

Hi Everyone,

I'm scheduled to go on a cruise on June 1 of this year. I purchased it through my TA in February. Well surprise surprise...I get an email that Celebrity is having their Tuesday special for $500 less per person (claiming new bookings only) meaning I'm losing out on $1000 total for two of us going. I've already paid everything for my cruise. Is there anything I can do to get a price adjustment? Both the cruiseline and the travel agency are giving me the run around and I'm tired of it. I'm a select member of Celebrity and think they should at least comp me somehow, because $1000 isn't chump change. Does anyone recommend me do anything, because I'm pretty upset and desperate at the moment. Celebrity is closed for the night and basically was told to contact Customer Service...but I've done that and won't talk to me since I booked through a travel agent. I would cancel, except it would turn out to be the same since I would lose my $900 deposit. :( Someone please help!!!

If this is one of Celebrity's Happy Hour Specials, you're totally out of luck. If they say new bookings only, this does not entitle you to any compensation. You could call your TA and have her call Celebrity and ask for something,but don't be surprised if they don't give you anything. For the record, once you pay in full, not one cruise line is obligated to give you anything, even if their price lowering isn't a part of a happy hour program.

As another post stated: See what your TA can do. Even if it is past the final payment deadline, perhaps an OBC can be obtained to offset any pricing reduction you may have missed out on.

Good luck to you - that would suck to pay more for the same room as someone else. On the bright side, you probably picked a the room you wanted in a good location. Anyone booking now may not have the same option.

........ - that would suck to pay more for the same room as someone else. On the bright side, you probably picked a the room you wanted in a good location. Anyone booking now may not have the same option.

It would.... but it happens all the time. No twenty people probably pay the same fare on an airliner.....same thing with a cruise ship.

Look at it this way, you probably paid less for the flight to and from..... and those last minute cruisers that got the good deal have to pay last minute air fares.........and those are no deal. ;)

Just consider that is evens out......

Hi, My cruise went down in price - I've already made my final payment. the sale was a resident sale. I called my travel agent and she called rccl -2 days later I had $1240.00 credited to my credit card!

LL

I'd call and see.... I worked with a Carnival PVP, not travel agent, which might make all the difference in the world... ... the price went down, he adjusted my price accordingly ... then after I'd made final payment, I noticed the price went down again... he gave me A LOT of on board credit. And, yes... some of the adjustments (I actually called to have it adjusted three times total) were supposed to be on new bookings. So it can be done... depends on the mood of the person you're working with. Since you're working with a TA who might not want to cough up some commission, you might be out of luck.

It's worth a shot, right?

Pun intended, my husband is prior military we got the military rate. Now Carnival has announced that friends and family of military can get the same rates. I notified my dad of the offering and told him he should request the discount or get an onboard credit. Anybody know if they will honor this if we have already paid? In fact we paid the rest yesterday, so sad.:mad:

Everyone, the OP is cruising on Celebrity, so what happened on Carnival or other cruise lines unfortunately doesn't mean anything for her. Celebrity does things differently with their happy hour sales, which is VERY different from just a price dropping. These sales are for new bookings only, and in the small print it says previous bookings cannot receive the lower price.

Calicruiser, your situation is different from the OP's. Since the offer you received from Carnival doesn't say anything about "new bookings only", you might get an adjustment. But for the OP, this is a special sale that Celebrity has from time to time, and old bookings don't get squat, unfortunately.

Yea, I tried calling various people at my TA and Celebrity. I've come to the conclusion, besides reading all this that nothing can be done. It's too bad, since I have traveled with them and Royal Caribbean a lot! I guess I have to think that I did book in advance and I really don't have the luxury of getting a cheaper cruise by waiting one month before it sails. I still work and getting 3 weeks off requires more time in advance. Thanks everyone!!! I really still do think this sucks, but what can you do? I'll pretend I never saw it and hopefully just have a great time on the cruise. Thanks again for all those that posted replies. :) :)

Yea, I tried calling various people at my TA and Celebrity. I've come to the conclusion, besides reading all this that nothing can be done. It's too bad, since I have traveled with them and Royal Caribbean a lot! I guess I have to think that I did book in advance and I really don't have the luxury of getting a cheaper cruise by waiting one month before it sails. I still work and getting 3 weeks off requires more time in advance. Thanks everyone!!! I really still do think this sucks, but what can you do? I'll pretend I never saw it and hopefully just have a great time on the cruise. Thanks again for all those that posted replies. :) :)

RCI which owns Celebrity I believe has those happy hour specials for both lines and really that is the only last minute sales that are not price drops, they are to book the remaining cabins cheap last minute.

I had booked a cruise the day before a really good Happy Hour special came out for almost $100 less, but too bad so sad, I had already paid in full on another cruise.

Note to self: remember these happy hour sales come out on Thursday for the following Tuesday!!!

Archived