What to do in Vancouver?

newbie2468

We are disembarking in Vancouver and spending the night... What would you recommend doing? We would not like it to be a "get off the ship and not get to the hotel until 8" tour... However, I have heard the going to Grouse Mt. and the suspension bridge is unbelievable... We are staying at the Sutton Place... Is going to Stanley Park in the early evening doable? It is my birthday and I would like to do something special.. what about dinner? Best place?

Thanks for all your advice

Tory

If you don't mind, I would like to suggest that you post this question also on the Vancouver ports of call board. Last year when I needed information on Vancouver I was able to get a lot of helpful information there from the locals.

Dear Troy

You are staying at a great hotel centrally located in downtown Vancouver.

Grouse Mountain & Capilano Suspension Bridge are both great and that is a full day - check them out at http://www.capbridge.com and http://www.grousemountain.com

As for your birthday dinner - Vancouver is full of GREAT restaurants - depends on what type of food you want.

For seafood I would go to The Cannery on Commissioner Street - great seafood with wonderful atmosphere located right on the harbour with views to the north shore mountians and often seals or sea otters in the water to entertain you.

Vancouver has 3 revolving restaurants - great views but the food is only so so.

There is a very nice restaurant on top of Grouse Mountain as well.

In Stanley Park there is a very good restaurant called Sequoia Grill at the Teahouse check it out at http://www.vancouverdine.com

Another one of my favorites is the Stone Grill located on the shore of False Creek right at hte foot of Granville Street under the Granville Street Bridge. Good for steak - chicken.

Another web site you might find helpful is www3.telus.net/cruise_watch/info.htm

Thank you BCHappygirl,

That really helps me.. I will check it out... If you can think of any more (especially for a Happy Birthday celebration)... please let me know. I booked an independent tour to Grouse Mt. and the Capilana bridge leaving right off the boat... I think it should get us to the hotel by 3:30ish...I would love to see Stanley park, but don't know how to fit it in unless we go to eat there.?

Thanks again for all the info

Tory

Archived