Oosterdam in English Bay on web cam

OK, so the camera angle is changing but you can look in the archive area at the bottom of the page and enter a time frame to look at photos. The best shot so far is today at 1405 but the other shots do show the Odam in the distance. Looks like she still might be running trials. Wendy

We just got off the San Diego-Victoria cruise, and met the Hotel Manager, James Deering one night in the Pinnacle Grill.

He said, indeed, it was a tool of some kind, left behind. They couldn't tell if it was a screwdriver or wrench, it had melted.

The new pod is smaller than the one coming out. The original pods are 17 megawatt ( ?? ) and the replacement is 14. The damaged one was working at about 50% of normal.

The damaged pod is being sent for repairs, then coming back to be reinstalled in Sept/Oct.

Very cool! Wasn't expecting her to be here this early - I wonder if she's going to anchor overnight in English Bay or make her way to Canada Place?

Aaron, Yes, she will anchor over night, then tomorrow dock at Canada Place, at least that is the plan:)

Aaron, Yes, she will anchor over night, then tomorrow dock at Canada Place, at least that is the plan:)

Thanks very much for that, Lisa. It's a bit of a treat to be able to see the Oosterdam from my apartment :)

On that note, I made a quick little jaunt down to English Bay to snap this photo (it's a touch blurry due to the digital zoom though...)

Image-386D2FC0F84411DB.jpg

Yo have no IDEA how pumped this has me for tomorrow morning!!

Thanks for posting you guys! Since we took the train up here and are staying at the Hampton Inn near BC Place, it's not SUPER easy to get down to Canada Place to just "see if she's there yet"

This really made my day!

Thanks very much for that, Lisa. It's a bit of a treat to be able to see the Oosterdam from my apartment :)

On that note, I made a quick little jaunt down to English Bay to snap this photo (it's a touch blurry due to the digital zoom though...)

Aaron, bless you. That's a beautiful picture:) What a lovely city you live in!

Thank you Karin and Lisa for your kind words. I actually took 4 pictures, but I liked this one best precisely because of the sailboat.

And InTheWASide, you're going to love your time on the Oosterdam - I'd do this cruise every year if I could get the time off work!

Great shot, Aaron! I echo Karin's sentiment about the Vancouver area! Now, if only your hockey team could get their caca together and beat those former Disney characters from down the road from here!;)

Aaron I love you dearly but you SUCK!!! I wish I could be there to see that :-) and as i've told you before it's not blurry at all it's just your eyes ;-P

Archived