Oosterdam in English Bay on web cam

I just looked at the web cam we were using yesterday and it looks like it's raining:( Although I am sure this is normal of this time of year.

Yes indeed, it's absolutely pouring outside right now. Not unusual, but we've had a very wet winter/spring this year. Though I wouldn't mind boarding the Oosterdam today, rain or not!

Yes indeed, it's absolutely pouring outside right now. Not unusual, but we've had a very wet winter/spring this year. Though I wouldn't mind boarding the Oosterdam today, rain or not!

As Seattle and Vancouver frequently experience the same weather, we are also enjoying a nice blustery and rainy day here in Puget Sound (I love our drizzly days here, but that's because I have webbed toes;) ). I have a feeling the 3-day itinerary from Vancouver to Seattle might be a rather wet and blowy one.

You have to love rain and its every maneuver;

You have to love rain when you live in Vancouver:)

Karin

I ran down to Canada Place on my lunch break to get some pictures to post here, but it was pouring rain so hard that the pictures look pretty grim. No money shots with beautiful mountains in the background, etc. The sun came out around 4 pm for a bit...I hope everyone on board has a wonderful sail away this afternoon.

Here's the Oosterdam departing Canada Place this afternoon at 5 pm. I just happened to be looking at the webcam;) ! The weather cleared up beautifully for them. The pictures aren't the greatest. This is my first attempt at attaching photos, and to be honest, it was my husband who did all the work (He was very irritating during the process. He actually thinks I ought to learn to do these things myself. Thanks, dear! ;-)

Karin

picOosterdam.jpg.8bccb2240cb7f93c9309fea84717afa1.jpg

1893023618_picOosterdambeautifulsailaway.jpg.91bff30a02b6927bb6c61f214610b040.jpg

Very nice Karin - thanks for posting those!

Like traveller123, I was also going to go down on my lunch break to see the Oosterdam, but it was raining so hard that I quickly gave up on that plan. My office is only 15 mins from Canada Place, but it's just far enough to get soaked ;)

I managed to get some pictures at 5 pm as she left the pier. Unfortunately, I don't know how to attach pictures to this post. I've tried a few times during the last hour, but I think maybe the pictures are too big? Karin, can you send your husband by to help me with this????

I managed to get some pictures at 5 pm as she left the pier. Unfortunately, I don't know how to attach pictures to this post. I've tried a few times during the last hour, but I think maybe the pictures are too big? Karin, can you send your husband by to help me with this????

Sure, I'll send him right over after he's finished doing the dishes and putting our youngest daughter to bed....:D He likes beer; you have any good Canadian lager on hand?:)

There's an entire board here at CC just for asking technical questions. Here it is. Maybe if you ask the question over there, you can post the answer here, and I'll never bother my husband again........:p

Karin:)

Karin, very nice, I was extremely busy at work with Month End close out so have not been on line and just now got home from work.

Karin, what web cam did you use to catch those photos?

Aaron and traveler123 I definitely do not blame you for not wanting to ge soaked. The thought was still really thoughtful:)

It was good that they had a sunny Sail Away although I am sure much cooler than here in Las Vegas;) But at least not raining to go under the Lions Gate Bridge.

It was good that they had a sunny Sail Away although I am sure much cooler than here in Las Vegas;) But at least not raining to go under the Lions Gate Bridge.

Somebody "up there" must think ms Oosterdam is special too! The weather turned georgeous for her sailaway, and now that she's gone and her voyage is well underway, we are having a windy, rainy thunderstorm! Hmmmmm...

Somebody "up there" must think ms Oosterdam is special too! The weather turned georgeous for her sailaway, and now that she's gone and her voyage is well underway, we are having a windy, rainy thunderstorm! Hmmmmm...

Hmmmmm.....I too agree;) Maybe now that that broken pod has been replaced there will be no more dark clouds over the Oosterdam. Hopefully her Alaska season has far more blue skies and sun than dark clouds and rain:)

Hmmmmm.....I too agree;) Maybe now that that broken pod has been replaced there will be no more dark clouds over the Oosterdam. Hopefully her Alaska season has far more blue skies and sun than dark clouds and rain:)

I second that! :D

Karin,

Thanks for posting sail away. I was working and when I got home at 6pm she was long gone. I tried to locate some pictures on the web but just couldn't find any. So, thank you to you and your husband :D . I get the irritation thing I would of had the same response from my husband:eek: .

Wendy

Karin,

Thanks for posting sail away. I was working and when I got home at 6pm she was long gone. I tried to locate some pictures on the web but just couldn't find any. So, thank you to you and your husband :D . I get the irritation thing I would of had the same response from my husband:eek: .

Wendy

You're welcome, Wendy; I'm just glad that I was at the right webcam at the right time:) ! My whole family just rolls their eyes at me when I mention Cruise Critic, and my husband threatens frequently that he will take my computer away from me:eek: !

Karin

Your Puget Sound neighbor

Archived