Boring question! RCCL V Carnival

Bigdasher

With the kids I would certainly lean to the Explorer. Not only ice skating, but rock wall climbing, inline skating, mini-golf and the gigantic indoor mall. To make it even more of a must, Explorer goes to RC's Labadee, one of the most beautiful spots I've seen.

I hope you've also posted your delima on the Royal Caribbean board too.

I looked at RCI's Eastern Itinerary and none touched Carnival Liberty's 8 day cruise to San Juan, St Thomas, Antigua, Tortola BVI, and Nassau. Specifically, I want to go to Tortola and Antigua and I compared the Liberty (which I've been on for Western) to the Mariner of the Seas and I get one more day on Carnival and pay less. My only sticking point was that the shows would be the same on my cruise. I'll get over it and watch movies by the moonlight on the outdoor screen on the Lido.

The ice skating is not all that much and long(its smaller than a normal rink and there is not much public skating time available). The money difference is no way worth it for that.

Steve

I was going to say the same exact thing. There were 2 nights that had open skating for maybe an hour or so each night. The 2nd night they had some kind of problems with the ice and canceled it.

Not worth it, go with the cheaper price.

Bill

All sorted.

We ARE going Carnival. Just emailed our very patient agent. If any Uk cruisers want to know who I use, I will forward his details on to them.

Well, I told the girls, "this is what we are doing and here is the brochure". It was the flume (slide) that did it. No resistance - fantastic. Skating is now history. Also, I am getting a balcony room. I think dad will need the space if they are changing.

So again, big round of thanks, and from now til next year (oh , I wish it wasn't so distant), I will be surfing this board. So move up, and make space for me!

Bye for now,

Big D

If it is a huge price difference I say go for the lower priced trip. Ice skating is great, but there are plenty of other things for the kids to do. I have been on many Carnival cruises and have never run out of things to occupy my time, neither have my kids. They will be entertained by the 24 hour ice cream machine for sure :)

Archived