My children say no more cruises. What

can I do? We took them on 2 back to back one year apart and they loved both. When we got home we asked them when they would like to go on another and they said they don't want to. The older one said he got bored doing the same thing each day.

Is there anything I can do or say to them to change their minds?

Mine went through a spell where they didn't want to cruise...between the ages of 16 and 21.

They have recovered and love to cruise again!!

I just went with Sis-o-Stir during those years. We had fine times! :D

If you don't have a sister, I could stand-in...

can I do? We took them on 2 back to back one year apart and they loved both. When we got home we asked them when they would like to go on another and they said they don't want to. The older one said he got bored doing the same thing each day.

First post didnt go thru so will try again

Try different ports/area. I see you have done west coast/mexico. Time to try the carribean. There's lots of different ports and ships to choose from.

I know what you mean tho - my kids said the same after the Glory last Christmas - so DH and I planned a few without them (they are teenagers as well and able to take care of themselves) So, now they have decided they'd rather cruise than stay home. We are going on a different line with different ports this Christmas for a change of pace

This is truly good advice, we are not being smart @sses :)

Taking a vacation without the wee ones can really help you relax and completely enjoy yourselves;)

The relatives will (hopefully?) love to have some time with the kiddies, and I'm sure you and your loved one are in need of a true vacation where you are not responsible for ANYTHING except getting out of bed in the morning:D

Try a 4 or 5 day, if you dont think you can leave them for a week:p

Ok, here's my thoughts, take them as you will. First of all, you could take new ships, new ports, whatever. My true thought is kids are kids, they get bored even when they are at home in the summer spending time with every friend they have. These are great trips that you spend quite a bit of money of to take them on. You can find someone to watch them and you go or you can book the vacation and tell them to go. You work hard all year at work and home and you work hard taking care of them all year, they should be grateful they get to go on fantastic vacations like this. You deserve to go if you want to. There's plenty to do on ships.

Try the RCCI Freedom of the seas or Liberty of the seas.

Rock climbing, Ice skating, Flowrider(surfing) H20 zone. Pretty amazing ship

www.freedomoftheseas.com

I was considering that ship for my next cruise. The problem I have is that my kids will 10 & 8. They don't surf and the H2O zone seems for younger kids. We've been on RCCL and Carnival and my kids believe Camp Carnival is miles ahead of RCCL kid's explorer club. I love my kids. But one of the reasons I cruise is to relax. If each of them spends just a day and a half at these camps, I can get some rest and they have a blast. I might prefer the Freedom. It looks beautiful. Even though a 7 day cruise costs more than a Liberty 8 day cruise, I am tempted by the Freedom. But my gut feeling is that, at this time, for my whole family, I'd be better off heading back on the Liberty next year (different itinerary).

Sorry but I would say okay you may now stay home and I would cruise without them.

Hey guys, not all of us can leave them home OR WANT TO..... My oldest one (16) also told me she's bored and doesn't want to cruise anymore... So, we asked a couple of her friends and their parents if they wanted to join us and lo and behold, they went and everyone had a great time...

So, maybe you can do that do.... Or, perhaps each kid (depending on their age) can find a friend who wants to cruise with you and pay their own way.

And I've already told my older one that next year is the last year we can all cruise as a family (she leaves for college the year after that) and that she might want to start asking her friends now if they want to come with us because she's going!!!

Not only can't we leave them with relatives because the whole family cruises with us but I have never ever wanted to .... but thats us!!! NO FLAMING PLEASE...

I have cruised with and without them. When they sulked, I too left them home. I'm not going to work hard to make the money for a vacation just so they can make everyone unhappy.

I cruised while they were in school. So, they just need someone to keep an eye on them after school. I couldn't afford to cruise while they were really young.

I have cruised with and without them. When they sulked, I too left them home. I'm not going to work hard to make the money for a vacation just so they can make everyone unhappy.

I cruised while they were in school. So, they just need someone to keep an eye on them after school. I couldn't afford to cruise while they were really young.

Agree, Pineview. We asked our two children when they were teens if they wanted to go whenever we signed up for a cruise....if they weren't interested, they stayed home.....that's that.....would be very much the same story if we could have afforded to cruise when ours were little.

I don't think that parents are being neglectful by going ahead and cruising when their children or teens choose not to come along. ...... as long as you have someone you can trust to look after your kids for a few days. Parents need those little twosome get-aways every once in a while just to be able to come back to your children refreshed and ready to give your best to them.

Sorry, didn't mean to get on my soapbox.....LOL....yes I did!

Hey guys, not all of us can leave them home OR WANT TO.....

Not only can't we leave them with relatives because the whole family cruises with us but I have never ever wanted to .... but thats us!!! NO FLAMING PLEASE...

I am in those shoes. No family here to leave them with. My mother is on the East Coast and not in the best of health. The boys would overwhelm her. I also don't want to leave them home. I love having them with me. So far they haven't told me they don't want to go yet. I hope not to come to that but who knows what the future will hold. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

First post didnt go thru so will try again

Try different ports/area. I see you have done west coast/mexico. Time to try the carribean. There's lots of different ports and ships to choose from.

I know what you mean tho - my kids said the same after the Glory last Christmas - so DH and I planned a few without them (they are teenagers as well and able to take care of themselves) So, now they have decided they'd rather cruise than stay home. We are going on a different line with different ports this Christmas for a change of pace

I have to agree that it is because you went basically to the same place for both cruises. Take them somewhere else. Or tell them to stay with grumpy grandparents! hehe

You all must be rich...

It would be waaaaaayyyyyyy less expensive to to take the family two or three weeks in Hawaii than a week on a cruise...

I'd love to know how much y'all make in a year... or if maybe you are spending all your retirement money now (i.e., not saving hardly any)... :cool:

Archived