Kauai Attractions

CrazyCruiseCanuck

Hi.
To the resident Hawaiians who provide so much info for the rest of us, let me first say a big "Thank-you". !

My husband and I will be on the Serenade of the Seas as of October 7th for an 11-night cruise (starts in Honolulu, ends in Ensenada).
On our first port day in Kauai, we are doing a flightseeing helicoptor tour through RCCL.
We should be back at the pier by 11:00 a.m. or so. However, there are not a lot of choices for other excursions through the ship. Any ideas on how to spend the rest of the day?

Should we rent a car (available at pier or airport?) and strike out on our own, or would there be local tour vendors/taxi drivers for hire at Nawiliwilli(sp?).

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Only 59 days to go!

Cindy

My wife and I will be traveling with you, we also booked a hellicopter tour but with Safari Air(less expensive) We plan on renting a car and driving up to Prniceville and enjoy the sights. We booked and early flight so if there is bad weather we may be able to get in an afternoon flight. See you in October

Joy & Mark
Pompano Beach Fl.

[url]http://www.safariair.com/kauaitours.html[/url]

How long do you all have on Kauai?? If I didn't live here in Kona, I would pick Kauai. It is so beautiful and I thought the people were especially nice. Of course, there is a lot of Aloha all around these islands...but there were a couple of special people I have run into on Kauai.

If you have time, I'd rent a car and explore a little.

Emi

Hmm ... as Emi asked, how long do you have in port? Options include driving to Waimea Canyon (though you may see it enough from the helicopter), driving to the Na Pali coastline (ditto), or going to Poipu Beach and hanging out (which might be my preference).

Spleen

..for the replies!

I think we've decided to rent a car at the airport after our flightseeing tour, and drive up along the east coast to Princeville, as well. The helicoptor tour sort of covers the central and west areas of the island, so a nice relaxing drive along the coast should be wonderful (the ship leaves at 6:00, so we have the whole afternoon.)

Joy and Mark....hello and maybe we'll meet up onboard!

Aloha to all.

Cindy and Gary

[quote name='MarkE']My wife and I will be traveling with you, we also booked a hellicopter tour but with Safari Air(less expensive) We plan on renting a car and driving up to Prniceville and enjoy the sights. We booked and early flight so if there is bad weather we may be able to get in an afternoon flight. See you in October

Joy & Mark
Pompano Beach Fl.

[url]http://www.safariair.com/kauaitours.html[/url][/QUOTE]

Please join us on the Cruise Critic Group Cruise board for the Hawaii Serenade of the Seas Oct 7 sailing....I'm trying to get everyone together in one place.

[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=1829839#post1838260[/url]

Archived