Century question

Whippets

I will be traveling on Century for the first time shortly. Staying in an inside cabin what should I plan on bringing with me....do they supply shampoo, conditioner, body gel,lotion, kleenex? Are these items inferior, should I bring my own?

Thanks

Hi - Just off Century 4/26, they do supply shampoo and tissues. I don't use either, always bring my own. They also have Qtips and cotton balls, again, I don't use theirs. Hope you have a wonderful cruise, we had a fabulous time. I did a mini-review a few threads back if your interested in reading it.

Patty

I prefer to bring my own Q tips and cotton balls, for sanitary reasons.

As for shampoo, etc, I find the quality of what they provide good for washing out bathing suits, etc, but would not use it on my hair. I always bring my own.

Hy DH used their shampoo and said it was fine. I have finicky hair so I used my own. I didn't try the lotion they provide until the last day but found it to be nice.

They do provide tissues, cotton balls, and q-tips. I used their soap everyday (it's bar soap, not liquid) and liked that it lathered quite nicely.

Hope this helps.

Celeste

Thanks Caviargal, Patty and Celeste for you answers. Having sailed before on other lines I thought I knew the answer to this question before I asked. Trying to save space and did not want to duplicate things that would be provided that were of acceptable quality. Lotion is important item for me.

• 5 weeks later...
I will be traveling on Century for the first time shortly. Staying in an inside cabin what should I plan on bringing with me..

I personally find the lotion provide by X has a very strong lingering odor. I use all the other stuff and I like the shampoo. My wife brings a suitcase of her own stuff.;)

Century is my favorite Celebrity ship and have enjoyed sailing in her for over 100 days of the Celebrity treatment.

I personally find the lotion provide by X has a very strong lingering odor. I use all the other stuff and I like the shampoo. My wife brings a suitcase of her own stuff.;)

Century is my favorite Celebrity ship and have enjoyed sailing in her for over 100 days of the Celebrity treatment.

I agree with C2C, the lotion on Century had a funny not very nice smell.

Better bring your own.

That's what happens when you grow up smelling the same flowers:D

Just a few months of the year.....no flowers in winter...

On the other hand, maybe the smell of stroopwafels is nicer?

I was on Century 3/05-3/15/2007 we had a gel type soap shampoo dispenser only,:eek: the gel stuff..no q tips kleenex yes....I asked the room attd (with a nice tip) and I had the same shampoo mini bottles the suites had and q tips..pronto..

remember that deck 12 is 80% suites so it was easy to get (bribe) :D first class amenities

Back from my cruise. Had a wonderful time! Took my own shampoo, conditioner and lotion in the small bottles. Used it sparingly so that it would last the ten days I was gone. Did try some of the wall mounted lotion. It was just okay, the smell did not last long after it was applied.

Archived