Changing CAT 11 to SG?

jdjaguar

Suite Guarantee

I just noticed that our sailing now has a Suite Guarantee available.

We are currently booked CAT 11, and I checked and there are 5 CAT12s and 6 CAT11s left.

would you change your CAT 11 booking for the SG in the hopes of grabbing a CAT 12 for less than a CAT 11?

Please note that the SG price is 100 pp lower than the CAT 11 price we paid.

The only thing I'm concerned about is getting "upgraded" too forward a CAT 11 ...DW tends to suffer a bit of motion sickness.

Or having already booked and paid am I not able to change?

cruise is in 5 weeks.

Suite Guarantee

We are currently booked CAT 11, and I checked and there are 5 CAT12s and 6 CAT11s left.

would you change your CAT 11 booking for the SG in the hopes of grabbing a CAT 12 for less than a CAT 11?

The only thing I'm concerned about is getting "upgraded" too forward a CAT 11 ...DW tends to suffer a bit of motion sickness.

cruise is in 5 weeks.

Since final was made, probably not. As far as sea sickness goes, any suite 11 or 12s are much worse than any bottom deck cabin.

Steve

Suite Guarantee

cruise is in 5 weeks.

2 very impt questions: how many of you are there?; and which ship?

As far as sea sickness goes, any suite 11 or 12s are much worse than any bottom deck cabin.

Steve

Valid point. The ONLY cruise I've gotten the least bit queazy on was when I was on Deck 10(Celebrity). All lower decks, never a problem.

Marie

2 very impt questions: how many of you are there?; and which ship?

Well 2 in the CAT 11. Ship is the Glory.

re: riviera deck...I understand the physics "the lower, the less motion"...but i also understand the psychological aspect of "fresh air and no "closed in feeling" of the suites.

We were on the Glory 3 years ago and DW did fine in the suite..but we were amidships..(which is where I have our current booking).

Well 2 in the CAT 11. Ship is the Glory.

re: riviera deck...I understand the physics "the lower, the less motion"...but i also understand the psychological aspect of "fresh air and no "closed in feeling" of the suites.

We were on the Glory 3 years ago and DW did fine in the suite..but we were amidships..(which is where I have our current booking).

well, if you were on a fantasy class and had 4 in your party i'd say definitely do it. reason is cat 11s on fantasy class can only accomodate 3. so if you have 4, going w/ a guaranty wld automatically get you a cat 12 mid ship (only place where they are), so it's a win-win.

your situation is different. you cld go anywhere on glory, but out of curiosity where are the available cabins located? forward midship or aft? (think the cat12s are all midship, right?), but where are the available cat 11s? if they are aft, you can go guaranty and will be assured of moving there in all liklihood. remember too, logically thinking, your existing cabin will go back into the mix, and you may end up w/ the very same cabin for $100pp less. but, if the available cat 11s are forward, i don't know that i'd risk it.

The available CAT 11s are indeed forward..(and you're right the CAT 12s on Glory are all amidships).

I probably won't risk it...200.00 savings not worth an unhappy spouse.

thanks for your input!

If you check in early, you could ask if there are any Cat 12's available. I had booked a 9A but the SG became available at the same rate I had paid for the 9A. The 3/4 person was a bit extra, but for my first Cat 11, it was worth it!

If I had the cabin I wanted and didn't want to risk it the move for fear of an upset spouse, I'd keep your sure thing!

Jacquelyn :D

Thanks for all the input.

I think I'll stick w/ the sure thing until VIP check-in.

Our cabin is the first CAt 11 next to the CAT 12s so I know what I'm getting....however...

I will ask if there are any CAT 12s riding empty when we check-in...maybe I'll get lucky!

will report back...35 days..(or is it 34?)

Archived