OMG We're Gonna Miss Our Cruise

Perhaps we should be panicing. I thought we are sailing on Sun 5/6 on AOS from San Juan and flying to SJ on Sat from SF. However my countdown clock is saying it is 2 days until the ship sails. Is my clock right? If it is, we're screwed.

According to the RCI website, the AoS sails out of San Juan on May 6th. I would assume this means you are ok and perhaps you entered te wrong date in your clock. Or the time changed based on the hour you created it.

Perhaps we should be panicing. I thought we are sailing on Sun 5/6 on AOS from San Juan and flying to SJ on Sat from SF. However my countdown clock is saying it is 2 days until the ship sails. Is my clock right? If it is, we're screwed.

Forget the calendar. You must go by the now defunct countdown clock. Grab your jeans, t-shirts and booze to be smuggled and head directly to the airport! Do not pass go and do not collect $200.

Okay. The subject line says it. Our docs say AOS sails on 5/6, our airline tics are for 5/5, the preflight hotel is 5/4. The only problem is that the countdown clock insists that 5/6 is 2 days away from now. Yes, the input for the clock is correct. Ever try to get Social Security or the IRS to revive you if they say you're dead?.

Okay. The subject line says it. Our docs say AOS sails on 5/6, our airline tics are for 5/5, the preflight hotel is 5/4. The only problem is that the countdown clock insists that 5/6 is 2 days away from now. Yes, the input for the clock is correct. Ever try to get Social Security or the IRS to revive you if they say you're dead?.

How is the time of departure set? According to CA time or San Juan time.

###

Wish the IRS thought I was dead :D

Just to throw this in...the countdown clock is correct, 2days and 9 hours would be Sunday 5/6 - since the clock is probably picking up midnight as the passage of a day.

This makes sense to me.

Well, if you don't count today (5-3), 'cause its already here and you don't count 5-6 'cause you're already there, then you only have 5/4 and 5/5. That does two days for me....LOL;) I'm up for anything that makes my brain think that its that much closer.... Have a great time on your cruise!! (I've still got 43 days....:( )

Your countdown clock is correct. The setting in the code for the clock goes by only the date, 5/6/07 (oh cool, 5-6-7!)...

Anyway, right now it's about 5:30 on 5/3. In 6 and a half hours, it will be 5/4 (midnight, ET, which seems to be what Cruise Critic lives by). From 5/4 to 5/6 is two days.

The reason for the confusion is that you have from Midnight on 5/6 until sail time, which is 8:30 PM, over 20 more hours, that is not being counted by the countdown clock.

I hope this helps you feel better! :)

Theron

Hey T...You think thats cool...How bout this

At three minutes and four seconds after 2 AM on the 6th of May this

year, the time and date will be 02:03:04 05/06/07. This will never

happen again.

Hey T...You think thats cool...How bout this

At three minutes and four seconds after 2 AM on the 6th of May this

year, the time and date will be 02:03:04 05/06/07. This will never

happen again.

I was momentarily distracted by 5/6/7... but wow that is really cool! I wonder if anyone will stay up and watch it? ;)

Theron

okay first if you leave the west coast on the 5th, you wont need a hotel on the 4th because you will arrive on the 6th in San Juan unless you are leaving really early on the 5th.

Also technically the 6th which starts at midnight is 2 days away, just depends on what time you put the ship is leaving. I leave on the 6th and mine says 2 days 20 some odd hours etc...

Archived