OMG We're Gonna Miss Our Cruise

Well, if you don't count today (5-3), 'cause its already here and you don't count 5-6 'cause you're already there, then you only have 5/4 and 5/5. That does two days for me....LOL;) I'm up for anything that makes my brain think that its that much closer.... Have a great time on your cruise!! (I've still got 43 days....:( )

I'm confused, what is with the countdown clock. If your Cruise starts on a specifed date, you have flight and hotel arrangements day before, why do you need a clock, look at the calendar <g>

JMO, the OP is a drama king. His pre-cruise hotel is the night before he leaves because he has a room near the airport the day before his flight.

He started a thread the other day (sorry, not interested enough to dig up a link) bemoaning the fact that the big freeway meltdown in Oakland was going to delay him getting to his hotel the night before his flight to San Juan. :rolleyes:

Now his countdown clock (which I can't even see because it's a CC clock which lots of us can't see) is off. Whatever.

sorry for being a pain but the op said his pre flight hotel not his pre cruise hotel..................had to read it again to be sure.................

Good eye! I've never heard of anyone getting a hotel room for the night before their departing flight, so my mind just read it as pre-cruise flight. Still the whole countdown clock vs. actual departure dilemma seems very strange to me, but whatever--I guess the OP now knows when his cruise is.

Good eye! I've never heard of anyone getting a hotel room for the night before their departing flight, so my mind just read it as pre-cruise flight.

Actually, this is probably not too uncommon for folks who live a couple hours or more from a major airport, especially west coast folks who need to have a very early fight. With check-ins required up to two hours before flight time, if you have a 7AM flight, and a two hour drive, you would have to leave your house at 3AM!!

That pre-flight hotel is suddenly looking pretty good. I've done it before, I live an hour from 3 major airports.

Theron

Still the whole countdown clock vs. actual departure dilemma seems very strange to me, but whatever--I guess the OP now knows when his cruise is.

The OP's clock was based on CA time which is WAY different than the actual departure time in San Juan.

###

Hey T...You think thats cool...How bout this

At three minutes and four seconds after 2 AM on the 6th of May this

year, the time and date will be 02:03:04 05/06/07. This will never

happen again.

Whoop dee doo.

And last year there was a time: 01:02:03 04/05/06

And next year there will be a 03:04:05 06/07/08

:rolleyes:

Whoop dee doo.

And last year there was a time: 01:02:03 04/05/06

And next year there will be a 03:04:05 06/07/08

:rolleyes:

I copied that from an E-mail,guess I did not realize it said "never happen" again,but hey thanks for the sarcastic reminder just the same.!

okay first if you leave the west coast on the 5th, you wont need a hotel on the 4th because you will arrive on the 6th in San Juan unless you are leaving really early on the 5th.

Actually, since the flight leaves at 6:40 AM on 5/5 and we reside 25 miles away we prefer to stay at an airport hotel the night before. Our early morning flight on 5/5 per AA arrives in San Juan at 6:05 PM on the same day, 5/5. Leaving us positioned to spend the night in SJ & board ship on AOS on 5/6. I think the logistics actually make sense, but then again I would, since I planned them.

Actually, this is probably not too uncommon for folks who live a couple hours or more from a major airport, especially west coast folks who need to have a very early fight. With check-ins required up to two hours before flight time, if you have a 7AM flight, and a two hour drive, you would have to leave your house at 3AM!!

That pre-flight hotel is suddenly looking pretty good. I've done it before, I live an hour from 3 major airports.

Theron

Hi TP, we live on the West Coast, and in a City with an International Airport yet if we book a Cruise thru TA with flight, they want to use LAX. For us that is a good 2 hr drive so we went in night before. However we are now saying, NO, for the differance of Custom Air & Hotel in Los Angelas, = Hotel Room cost, we are asking to be booked out of our Home, connect in Dallas to Destination. Example, Hotel in Los A = $ 200, to change flights direct out of Palm Springs & home = $ 198.

:) I guess in a couple months or so, it will be:

07:07:07 07/07/07

:D

Theron

Don't adjust your set we control the vertical we control the horizontal and we control the clock and calender too :D Something to smile about

Actually, since the flight leaves at 6:40 AM on 5/5 and we reside 25 miles away we prefer to stay at an airport hotel the night before. Our early morning flight on 5/5 per AA arrives in San Juan at 6:05 PM on the same day, 5/5. Leaving us positioned to spend the night in SJ & board ship on AOS on 5/6. I think the logistics actually make sense, but then again I would, since I planned them.

Okay so why are you worried you will miss the ship?? Just trying to understand what the worry is..

Okay so why are you worried you will miss the ship?? Just trying to understand what the worry is..

This thread was a light hearted attempt at humor in the fact that my coundown clock says I'm sailing tomorrow but all my documents & RCI say I'm sailing on Sunday. Relax, we are staying at our pre FLIGHT hotel tonight, flying tomorrow, staying at our pre CRUISE hotel in SJ tomorrow night & sailing on AOS on Sunday. Damn the clock!

Good eye! I've never heard of anyone getting a hotel room for the night before their departing flight, so my mind just read it as pre-cruise flight.

I only live half-hour away from the airport (I'm south of Seattle), but I LOVE staying at an airport hotel before an early flight. Also helps that the Super8 up there allows you to park for a week (maybe more) with ONE night stay, which ends up being cheaper than parking at the airport for those days, and they have a free shuttle. I get to wake up much later, the car is in an enclosed lot, there's a shuttle (instead of having to walk through the parking garage)...it's a great way to do it! :)

You guys are good. You've managed to discern that our true motivation in booking the preflight hotel for the 6:40 AM flight is to obtain a parking place for the car that will be there for 10 days during the trip. Just a parking place near the airport would be as expensive as our preflight hotel room that makes it easier to catch the 6:40 am flight (have to be at airport 5-5:30). The 10 days of parking are included in the price of the 1 night hotel package.

You guys are good. You've managed to discern that our true motivation in booking the preflight hotel for the 6:40 AM flight is to obtain a parking place for the car that will be there for 10 days during the trip. Just a parking place near the airport would be as expensive as our preflight hotel room that makes it easier to catch the 6:40 am flight (have to be at airport 5-5:30). The 10 days of parking are included in the price of the 1 night hotel package.

Ahh, now that makes sense! If the cost of the hotel is less than the cost of parking at the airport, that's something I might have to consider doing next time!

Wonder how many people will get married that day? Kinda neat, anniversary of 05/06/07.

Or, how about this one: 07/07/07 and it's a saturday!

I actually know someone who is getting married that day! :) The husband-to-be has already, and will forever be taking the brunt of "never forgetting his anniversary" jokes... :D

Theron

Perhaps we should be panicing. I thought we are sailing on Sun 5/6 on AOS from San Juan and flying to SJ on Sat from SF. However my countdown clock is saying it is 2 days until the ship sails. Is my clock right? If it is, we're screwed.

Of course- all of us know about YOUR countdown clock, and I am sure that you have NO WAY to check yr trip on yr own....

I NEVER use a countdown clock 'cause the change the date of the sailing:eek:

;)

Perhaps we should be panicing. I thought we are sailing on Sun 5/6 on AOS from San Juan and flying to SJ on Sat from SF. However my countdown clock is saying it is 2 days until the ship sails. Is my clock right? If it is, we're screwed.

Submitted for your approval ....

I saw this exact situation on an old episode of "The Twilight Zone." The cruiser (or Polodad in this case) dismissed the incorrect countdown clock, even joked about it, and was instantly vaporized when the countdown clock reached 00:00:00.

The cruiser (or Polodad in this case) then reappeared in the middle of the ocean but two days AHEAD of the ship he was to sail on.

The episode did not end well. He floated for two days, finally sighted his ship sailing toward him and then was eaten by sharks when he was within seconds of being rescued.

Polodad ......

For the love of God, please wear a life preserver and bring shark repellent!

Dr. Evil :) (aka Rod Serling)

Archived