Upper deck or main deck?

anil099

I'm trying to book a cruise online and I found an ocenaview for $349ish...a 3 day cruise to the bahamas...whats the difference betwene upper and lower deck? And...we have four pasangers...two mom and dad..two kids..19 and 17...We want two rooms for four people...do we bookt hem together ..or as two seperate cabins? thanks

what do you think of this site/deal etc..

http://www.cheapcruises.com/travel/cruise/availability.rvlx?CruiseItineraryID=61381&cruise_adults=2&cruise_seniors=0&cruise_child=0&cruise_infants=0&child_age_1=&child_age_2=&child_age_3=&child_age_4=&child_age_5=&child_age_6=&child_age_7=&us_residency=Y&residence=GA&cruise_departure_city=&ppNumber=&ppGender=&ppFirstName=&ppLastName=

Well you have made a fascinating choice (sorry, I could not resist - the name of the ship is the Fascination). There is no "lower deck." The difference between the "upper deck" and the "main deck" is about ten feet (and about $20 per person).

The lowest deck that has passenger cabins is the Riviera Deck. The cabins on this deck are category 4A (inside cabins) and category 6A (ocean view cabins). The next deck up is the Main Deck. These cabins are category 4B (inside) and category 6B (ocean view). The next deck up is the Upper Deck. These cabins are 4C and 6C. The next deck up is the Empress Deck. These cabins are 4D and 6D. The best deck of these four is the Upper Deck, which is where you will find most of the suites (cat 12).

The next deck up has no cabins. It is all public space and is known as the Atlantic Deck. The deck above the Atlantic Deck is the Promenade Deck. This deck also has no cabins. It is also all public space.

Next is the Lido deck. This deck has the main pool and the buffet.

The next deck up is the Verandah Deck. Forward this deck has the cat 11 suites and some inside cabins (cat 4E). This deck also contains the area where many go to sun themselves and it also contains the kids pool.

The next deck up is the Sports Deck which contains the spa and gym and finally the top deck is the Sun Deck which includes the jogging tract and some sons (and some daughters).

As you can see, the higher the deck your cabin is on, the closer you are to all the action (the public areas). All the inside cabins are cat 4. All the ocean view cabins are cat 6. "A" is the lowest deck with that category cabins. "B" is the next higher deck with that category cabin. And so on for "C", "D" and "E".

You say you have four people, two mom and dad..two kids..19 and 17 (that is five people). :) You want to book two cabins. If you are using a travel agent (TA), then the TA will take care of booking two cabins together for you. If you are booking online yourself, you will have to book the cabins one at a time, and you will have to book the Dad in one and one of the two Moms in the other (there must be someone over the age of 25 booked in each cabin, though this restriction does not apply too where you sleep - there are no bed checks).

It would take far more research than I am willing to do before I can comment on whether you are getting a good deal or not. As to the agent you have chosen, the board rules forbid me from commenting on the agent.

Hope this helps.

Call Carnival's 1 800 number and tell them what your online site said and see what price they come up with. They can answer all of your questions about specific rooms, dining options, etc. We did this cruise. However, we went in Sept. 2004 and never made it to Nassau due to a hurricane. If you are flying in, add a bus transfer from the airport to the cruise ship. It's not expensive.

I don't understand what you mean about "do we book them together or as two separate cabins". If you are asking can you book your teens in a cabin and you and spouse in another... it depends. Carnival says you have to have someone over the age of 25 in a cabin so you would need to put you and a kid in one cabin and spouse and a kid in the other cabin. Sometimes, Carnival says that as long as your cabins are adjoining you can put the kids together.

The other thing to look at when picking your cabin would be, are you under and over other cabins or a dining room or lounge?

Fascination was a great ship (check out the pictures) and any cabin on the Riviera, Main or Upper decks should be fine for you.

I'm saying if we book them online....can we get two side by side cabins? or does that change when you get there and they reassign sometimes....I mean they don't do bed checks do they? so you could say that someone was staying in the room but someone else does?

I'm saying if we book them online....can we get two side by side cabins? or does that change when you get there and they reassign sometimes....I mean they don't do bed checks do they? so you could say that someone was staying in the room but someone else does?

You can get two side by side cabins if you book online. However, what could happen is you find two cabins, and while you are booking one, someone else books the other. Now if you have two computers connected to the Internet you could book both cabins at the same time and not worry about this.

Reassignments usually happen if you are in a cabin that sleeps three or four and there is only one or two in the cabin. If you book two cabins that both only sleep two, a reassignment is unlikely (not impossible, just unlikely).

No, they don't do bed checks. And you don't need to lie. I have done this twice (people sleeping in a cabin other than the one they are booked in) and have been very out in the open about it. The cruise lines don't care who is sleeping where.

so i was looking and i figured I wanted to do 4 day cruise..but when i look at pricing...the 4 day western caribbean is way cheaper than the 4 day bahamas...what exactly is western caribean? calica to be exact...pros and cons of bahamas vs western caribbean?

thanks family of 4 cruising

We had an ocean view cabin on Valor #2404 on the Main deck (2nd deck). We thought it was great. No noises, not much motion.

If you go with 2 cabins you will pay more of course.

You will not get the 3rd & 4th guest rate that you would recieve in one cabin, instead you will pay 1st & 2nd guest rates in both (2) cabins!

Id take those 5A, they are cheaper than inside cabins?? wow, thats wierd.

5As are outside cabins with portholes, perfectly fine. Iv had them and would love to get them cheaper than an inside cabin.

I never saw 5A, $20 pp cheaper than an inside cabin.

Archived