Hot Breakfast??

WJBonds

Thanks in advance for helping. A very important part of my wife's cruise experience is a hot breakfast in our stateroom. Fewer mid market lines are doing this. So, can someone please tell me: Are hot items (eggs, pancakes...) on the room service menu? If they are not, can you get them if you are in a suite? (Through the Butler service?)

Thanks in advance for helping. A very important part of my wife's cruise experience is a hot breakfast in our stateroom. Fewer mid market lines are doing this. So, can someone please tell me: Are hot items (eggs, pancakes...) on the room service menu? If they are not, can you get them if you are in a suite? (Through the Butler service?)

In a suite with a Butler you can get all the hot items you want for breakfast.:)

The regular room service menu is very limited.

Certain levels of suites (AE and above) also allow full hot breakfast in Cagney's on the Pearl (you don't mention what ship you're sailing on). Courtyard Villa guests (again, on the Pearl because that's what we sailed on) can also have breakfast served in the courtyard daily from Cagney's as well! What a treat - steak and eggs, fabulous Belgian waffles with assorted toppings, etc - all delivered piping hot.

Yes...hot breakfast in your suite (AE and above)...I require that also.

And, if you are in a suite...you can "write in" any request (within reason):)

On a recent voyage on the Norwegian Dream, I experienced each and every venue where breakfast was served. Not one of them have what you can consider a hot breakfast.

To clarify that statement, if you eat eggs, no problem. They have a station where custom orders of omelets were made. But, if you don't eat those, cereals are cold and the cream of wheat and oatmeal were tepid by the time you got served or seated (from the buffet line). Waffles were undercooked and tepid and pancakes made in advance were warm but tough.

Breakfasts were an utter disappointment aboard the Dream. Even English muffins took up to 10 minutes to toast properly--who wants to wait that long?

If such was the case in the dining rooms and buffets, what could be said of room service? I didn't bother with it at all!

On a recent voyage on the Norwegian Dream, I experienced each and every venue where breakfast was served. Not one of them have what you can consider a hot breakfast.

If such was the case in the dining rooms and buffets, what could be said of room service? I didn't bother with it at all!

You had breakfast in the dining room and experienced these problems:confused:

Or was it just at the buffett?

Even English muffins took up to 10 minutes to toast properly--who wants to wait that long?

Some people will just never learn to relax...You are on the ship for 7 days, what is 10 minutes. Why not take the opportunity to have a nice conversation with your spouse? At least, you wouldn't be talking with your mouth full.

Archived