Those popper things that shoot string

In-the-Glade

Last September we were on CB and when they were doing the champagne fountain, there were people standing around the upper balconies and they shot those popper things that shoot string out of them over the balcony. We will again be on the CB the last of May and my question is, did they bring the poppers with them or did Princess provide them AND if I choose to bring them, will American Airlines let me have them in my checked luggage?

Thanks for any info you might have!

Angie

On our Diamond cruise in March they didn't hand them out this year! We were very disappointed. First time in 9 Princess cruises that we didn't get them. Bummer

You should be able to get them at any party store and if you pack them in your checked luggage, shouldn't be a problem bringing them on. They usually come with about 50-75 in a box for about $12 or so. Have fun!!

Well I just went on the TSA website and it says that blasting caps, fireworks, and gunpowder are not allowed in checked or carryon luggage. I just popped one and it smells of gunpowder. :(

I'll try to find a store in Ft. Lauderdale.

Thanks for your help!

Angie

I've seen them at the Island Party up on the pool deck of many cruises, but don't think I've seen them at the Champagne waterfall ever. Since it is inside and they could get caught on chandeliers, I'm sure it is a super big mess to clean up. They use confetti and balloons at the Champagne Waterfall - I guess confetti doesn't get stuck in the chandeliers and is easier to vacuum up.

At first I thought the OP was about "Silly String" - that gooey stringy mess that comes out of a can. I was going to discourage the use of Silly String. That would just be cruel and unusual punishment for the crew to have to clean up.

We have seen them hand out the rolls of streamers on island night, but never the popper type things you are talking about. They usually will run a string mesh above the pool area to catch the streamers so they don't find their way to the ocean, easier to clean up.

Archived