What is your Perfect Dinner Menu?

sail7seas

DaveEdwards........I am salivating. I want to eat all of your choices. Not all at the same time but every one of the dishes you listed.

We have been lucky to have enjoyed some fine meals at a few of the restaurants you mentioned (ie Blue Fox)

Dinner at 6:45 Tonight.......you are more than welcome to join us. :)

S7S - I thought the dining times were 6:15 and 8:00. Is there another one between lower early and upper main?:D

:D

In this house.....one dining time only!! And then the kitchen is closed!! ;) The chef, the waitress, the asst. and the dishwasher do those chores BUT ONCE an evening!! :p

With that attitude I'm not surprised you switched to the auto-tip policy.;) :D

Hahaha!!! Orcrone, I want an auto tip!!!!!

S7S- thanks for the invite!!!! I only wish I could enforce the one dinner time rule at my house. Depending upon my teen boys commitments (which range from football to Shakespeare theatre), my dining room can be open as early as 4:00pm and can stay open way past 9:00pm some nights. :eek: I do let the kids know that if it is a 9:00 dinner that the dishes are their responsibility! It works ugh....60% of the time!!!!:cool:

I would enjoy a repeat of the Explorer Dinner served 9/26/02 to the Volendam's Asia Pacific full cruise passengers. It simply was one of the finest dinners I have had afloat!

Carpaccio Salmon Romanoff(thinly sliced Russian marinated salmon served with truffle oil, salmon and sevruga cavier served with lemon and crostini)

Double Clear Oxtail Consomme(dash of cognac with paprika cheese sticks)

Sauted Tiger Prawns(simmered in a light Thai curry sauce, served on a bed of rice noodles and crispy fried leeks on top)

Champagne Spoom

Petit Filet Mignon and Veal Tenderloin(served with cabernet sauvignon sauce, blueberry glazed fig marmalade, pan-roasted potatoes and green asparagus spears)

Explorer Surprise(a crisp meringue shell with an espresso mousse, served in a pool of rich chocolate sauce)

Coffee and Friandises

And---wine glasses(red or white or both) that were never empty!

All while the ship was really pitching and rolling(so much so that the Formal night that had been scheduled for that evening was canceled).

A wonderful, memorable evening!

Archived