Just Back from Brilliance April 16th Transatlantic

I'm sorry we missed this cruise (doing the Panama Canal on Radiance instead) as we took the Brilliance over in 2006 and were on her again in the Med in the fall of 2006 and have the TA booked for 2008. Brilliance is one of my favorite ships. Great crew and overall experience!

Thank you Truffles for your POSITIVE comments. Keep 'em coming.

Roz....I have to ask....when and where did you get your Admiral Suit?

Also, if you are still planning on doing the TransAt. does this mean you haven't sold the Florida Condo and will be there all winter? If so, maybe we could do a mini reunion with Lisa.

Roz....I have to ask....when and where did you get your Admiral Suit?

Also, if you are still planning on doing the TransAt. does this mean you haven't sold the Florida Condo and will be there all winter? If so, maybe we could do a mini reunion with Lisa.

Hi Carol - it was awarded for bravery in the face of the enemy on our last cruise:D (Kewl - you around?). Seriously, a techie on our last cruise took a photo of the Captain, slimmed it down and put my face on. I was outraged of course, as I am an Admiral!! So he put my face on a US Admiral!!:D This is trick photography par excellence!! Haven't been so amused for a long time. On another thread about 'mustard' drill and the handicapped, a poster said I should know all about coastguard requirements as I am a naval person:eek: Soooo funny!! The only navy I know is as in Old:D!!!

Its the fickle finger of fate - the condo is on the market and I have just found a Company to insure Mum (hopefully), so we are back in Ft. L and ready and willing for a lunch!! A maxi lunch!!

I know that Francine, Annette, Lisa and I would love to get together for lunch....Condos are not moving right now, but if you should get lucky, I guess you should sell if that is what you think is the best.

We would absolutely love it - a girlie get-together - always the best fun!!

Please tell Francine that we almost live in Macy's - its gorgeous now!! Hard to imagine what it was like before!!

And ladies, please convince Roz NOT to stop being "The Admiral"....it's hilarious.

Fran in Toronto

And ladies, please convince Roz NOT to stop being "The Admiral"....it's hilarious.

Fran in Toronto

Well, thank you Fran!! Hilarious? Moi? Let me tell yah something - not everyone seems to have our sense of humour!! Yup - everytime I see that photo I laugh - its better than seeing a psychiatrist for depression!! Keeps me sane - well, fairly sane!!:D

The other Admiral seems to have gone quiet suddenly!!:confused: hehehe!!!

We will be on the Brilliance next Spring ta and apparently when she visits Falmouth the itinerary lists it as docked. I think they were building a dock - anyone know?

I still can't get over that your face was inserted in that photo....it fits so perfectly.

If I drive down to Ft. Lauderdale, maybe I can invite myself to spend the night with Annette in Hollywood....I have been there before and it makes it a nice trip for me, otherwise, I get soooo tired driving back up to Port St. Lucie. But, I do agree we have to have a ladies night out!

I still can't get over that your face was inserted in that photo....it fits so perfectly.

I know - it really is amazing. My Mum says she will never trust a photo again!! But if you look at the hands, they are definitely male!! The guy who did it is really a wonderful techie - the Captain one is funny also - he took a photo of the Captain of the Navigator, 'slimmed' him down and used my face again. All this technology is just so amazing!! Even the cap fits on my head!!

Definitely we'll organise something for when I get back. It will be fun!!

Archived