Crown - Sabatinis or Grill?

KAWS

We're celebrating our 25th on our sailing and the night that is our actual anniversary happens to be one of the formal nights. We want to eat at one of the specialty restaurants that night but haven't been on Princess before so wondered.......which would be the better choice?

Thanks.

Kim

It totally depends on what kind of food you like and how much time you'd like to spend at the table.

Sabatini's was a wonderful exper ience but you have to plan on at least 2 hours at the table. The food was very good, the waiter was great and it was a fun experience. We ate with a group of six and everyone enjoyed the food, but it was a LOT of food. Many of us just started tasting what was brought out because it was just too much food.

We didn't eat at the Crown Grill, but if I did the ship again, I'd do the Crown Grill - once I experienced Sabatini's, I didn't think it was necessary to do it again.

Crown Grill is just that a Grill..(Steak and Lobster House..)

Sabatinis is more an Italian tasting/tapas place where variety in tastes are plentiful.

That used to serve more in the volumes of food for consumption as well was where the Crown is now and not Up Above^~^~^WWWwww\

Why not try both? And you compare what your viewpoints are then...

We went to both last September on the Crown. We enjoyed both restaurants. We would give the food edge to the Crown Grill and the atmosphere edge to Sabatini's because the view of the wake from the restaurant was excellent.

If so--have the Ultimate Balcony Dinner--Can't do any better on the ship--we spent 2 weeks on it in April--went to the Grill several times--better than the dining room--but--doesn't even come close to comparing with the Ultimate Balcony Dinner--The grill doesn't even come close with their lobster and steak

Do this one--they can only do 2 an evening--we did ours on the last formal night--We will do this on each cruise now that we know--plan to do it on the TP this month.

Nancy:D

One thing. If you chose Sabatini's and you are a seafood lover ask for the mixed grill for your main course. You'll get a little bit of all the different shell fish and according to my husband it's all to die for :D

DH and I tried both on our Crown cruise. We loved both restaurants. For a special anniversary though, I'd go with Sabatini's. The ambience alone will make it a perfect choice for your special night. The room is gorgeous, the views spectacular and the food and service superb. Try the veal chop...yummy. Make sure the maitre'd knows it is your anniversary and they will do something special for you.;)

I spent my birthday there and it was a night I'll never forget...very special.

Archived