Labadee Zipline Opening May 8, 2007

That's the plan, at least.

Just off Freedom today and spoke to one of the engineers working on the zipline on Friday. He said the plan had been to have it open by the time our ship arrived but they had some last minute details to handle so it looks like it will now open on Tuesday.

There's also a practice zipline to get the feel of the experience before taking the main line.

The one thing I forgot to ask is what the price will be. Hopefully someone in the next couple of weeks will be able to fill us in.

KruzeRcI, I do have pics but it will take a day or two to sort them out. I'll post a link to them once it's done. You will LOVE Freedom, I'm sure! It was a fantastic cruise! :D

I'm sure we will too, we loved all of the Voyager Class ships! I can't wait to see them when you get them all sorted out.

That's the plan, at least.

Just off Freedom today and spoke to one of the engineers working on the zipline on Friday. He said the plan had been to have it open by the time our ship arrived but they had some last minute details to handle so it looks like it will now open on Tuesday.

There's also a practice zipline to get the feel of the experience before taking the main line.

The one thing I forgot to ask is what the price will be. Hopefully someone in the next couple of weeks will be able to fill us in.

Wow!!

Thanks for the news! ;)

I hope that we can get some more pics, and prices from more cruisers over the next little while.

I'd really like to try this out come June.

Thanks again for the update! :D

OK, I'll admit it. I don't like heights and when the plane hits a down draft, I grip the arm rests on the seat like I'm gonna die. Bungee jumping? No way in HE**!. But, I would really like to try this, I think. I was wondering how fast you go and what kind of drop is involved. I think that the flying feeling would be pretty cool, eh?

Sorry if this is obvious, but have a trip in July to Labadee and am thinking about giving it a try. Should probably not think too much about it in advance and just have a couple swigs of the hard stuff before I get off the ship.:rolleyes: Just kidding. I'm sure that's the last thing that the guys running the zipline would want:o .

OK, I'll admit it. I don't like heights and when the plane hits a down draft, I grip the arm rests on the seat like I'm gonna die. Bungee jumping? No way in HE**!. But, I would really like to try this, I think. I was wondering how fast you go and what kind of drop is involved. I think that the flying feeling would be pretty cool, eh?

Sorry if this is obvious, but have a trip in July to Labadee and am thinking about giving it a try. Should probably not think too much about it in advance and just have a couple swigs of the hard stuff before I get off the ship.:rolleyes: Just kidding. I'm sure that's the last thing that the guys running the zipline would want:o .

I'm exactly the same way but strangely enought I want to try it when I'm in Labadee next April. If anyone can post the cost, please do so.

Here are pictures to hold you guys over until cruiseaholics gets his/her pictures together for you. http://community.webshots.com/album/558875356JGfjIr

Ranger-red and Dandy8 - I did the zipline in Jamaica and believe me, I still can't believe I did it. Normally, if I was to climb up into a tree, I would be wrapped in a death grip around it and would be too terrified to move. I did the rock wall, got halfway up and freaked. But I have to say - do the zipline. I promise you, you will not regret it. I got up onto the tree platform and was so pumped up from the experience that I didn't even care. It was truly the most incredible experience (after watching the birth of my niece) of my life and I cannot wait to do it again. And amazingly, walking off the platform to start the most incredible ride of your life was not hard to do. The line in Labadee looks to be about the same length as the last line in Jamaica and I have to say, that line was my favorite. Try it - you won't regret it. My plan is to zipline in as many places as I possibly can! :)

I know our girls will want to do this next month -- I might even give it a try!

Does anyone know about a minimum age limit? Our youngest DD will be 12 the day we're in Labadee (celebrating her 13th on the 4th day of our cruise!), and I know she would love the zipline.

There is another post from someone who is on Mariner this week saying it was open when they were there. I think they said $59 for one ride.

:eek:

That price is OUTRAGEOUS !!!! It's not a zipline cost it's ONE ZIPLINE.

That being said - I will be doing it.

Here is the info for the other zipline post: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=551392

We're on Mariner of the Seas and the Labadee zip line is open! Here are some quick details.

- Over 3000 feet long

- 5 lines

- They do approximately 3 tours/trips a day. I estimate 20 people per trip/tour

- $59 for the 1st run, $20 for the 2nd run

- You take a land rover up to the top of the hill

- The view of the ocean is amazing

- Don't know if you can book via the ship or website yet

My buddy was the 3rd paying customer on the line so all of this is subject to change. The ship didn't even know it was open; they thought it was still closed.

I hope this info helps if it is accurate.

:)

Does anyone know about a minimum age limit? Our youngest DD will be 12 the day we're in Labadee (celebrating her 13th on the 4th day of our cruise!), and I know she would love the zipline.

Along the same line - is there an upper age limit? Or health restrictions? (I imagine so - DUH! Common sense!)

Archived