Barcelona resturant recommendations? - no seafood!!

Any Barcelona resturant recommendations for a non-seafood lover? I'm doing some reserch on virtultourist.com and it seems like all the favorite resturants are seafood. Yikes!!

Thanks! Carrie

P.S. Please don't tell me to just try the fish..!

Greetings from our home city of Barcelona.

It would help if you'd tell us what neighborhood you'll be staying at while in Barcelona.

Try the following restaurants:

Windsor (c/Córcega between Rambla de Cataluña and Balmes) - Catalán cuisine.

Fernández, Tenorio (these are restaurants on Paseo de Gracia that serve overall trendy continental cuisine).

Try any of the restaurants on the beach in front of the Hotel Arts (if you are going to be here during warm weather): Posit, Agua, etc. You can get great meat dishes, paellas, etc.

The Mussol chain and Tapa Tapa chain will have a great variety of inexpensive, all around tapas and basic dishes.

There are lots of things to eat in Barcelona that aren't necessarily seafood. Even in restaurants primarily noted for seafood (Botafumeiro, the various Moncho's restaurants, etc.), there are great meat and paella dishes on the menu, so you don't have to eat seafood.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

On a tripadvisor.com review about the Apsis Atrium Palace Hotel, we read about a nearby restaurant called Patagonia. It sounded so good, that we tried it on our 2006 visit to Barcelona.

All four of us were delighted with the salad bar and the Patagonian steaks!

It's a few blocks walk from the top of the Ramblas.

We were just in Barcelona and ate at the La Fonda restaurant. It has a large variety of non-seafood dishes and was very good. It's located just off La Rambla just one alley south of Placa Real (sp?) near the southern end of La Rambla. As in other good restaurants in Barcelona, people start lining up about an hour before a restaurant opens and La Fonda opened at 8:30 pm. It does have quite a bit of seating and is very lovely inside.

We have eaten at Agua down by the beach and really enjoyed it.Also ate at a restaurant called Citrus, upstairs on the Paseo de Gracia.For Tapas we ate at a Tapas restaurant just north of Placa Catalunya on the corner of Ramblas de Catatunya(not to be confused with the Ramblas) that I believe had Condial or something like that in the name.There is the restaurat as well as tables on the boulevard.I am sure that Gunter will get the correct name.It was excellent and I highly reccommend it.When we are there this year we are going to try Moo in the Hotel Ohm.

Do you recall if Patagonia is open all day or do they all close & then serve dinner at 8:30? -That's so late for us but I think the norm in that city. We are thinking of maybe having a large late lunch & then drinks & snacks at the later hr---

In looking for a description of the Patagonian I came acrosss an easy to use website called BCN Restaurants--it lists quite a few & provides a location map..Might be helpful to you. Of course input from our local Barcelona experts is always very much appreciated!

Restaurants catering to tourists, such as many of the brasseries on Paseo de Gracia, will have full service and kitchen from about 12 noon or earlier until about midnight or later.

However, if you'd like to hang around Spaniards and not just other tourists, try having breakfast around 10:00 a.m. (or at least an 11:00 a.m. coffee break and snack if you've had an earlier breakfast), lunch around 2:30 or 3:00 p.m. and dinner around 10:00 or 10:30 p.m.

Our schedule here really makes for a very complete day. In summer, the sun doesn't even set until 10:00 p.m., so once you've been here awhile you'll understand and appreciate the schedule here.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

Sorry do not mean to hijack this thread... but CruisinGerman, we will be staying in Siclia across from Sagrada Familia and arriving late afternoon. Do you have any recomendations around there. We may be a little tired to travel far for dinner. Thanks

Wonderful!! Thanks to everyone for the recommendations. I am printing out this entire thread before I leave (In TWO weeks!!) We are staying at the Pulitzer Hotel if that gives anyone any other food ideas??

Carrie

Archived